Board index PBase Feature Requests Support for Picasa2 EXIF captions?

Feature Requests

Support for Picasa2 EXIF captions?

Request changes or modifications.
raelx

Support for Picasa2 EXIF captions?

Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:50 pm

I've been very happy with Picasa over the last few months of using it. The new version which is still free has added suppot for attaching captions to the image in the EXIF data.

I would be great if Pbase allowed you to apply this EXIF caption to the image label. Then you would only have to label the images once and you could do it offline.

The is likely a BIG matter of opinion but I think that Picassa is currently the best free Windows image managment solution out there. It would be great to see it work really well with Pbase.

natalia

Post Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:40 am

agreed....I'd like that, too.

bbinparis

Post Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:21 pm

I think that this feature is essential. You're unlikely to get my money without it. Actually, the ability to use IPTC data would be better.

I've been looking at other photo hosting sites, and while I prefer PBase overall, some of the other sites are much more sophisticated in this regard. I'm surprised that PBase lags in implementing captions and other metadata.

Once it's here, I'll sign up on that day.

F_P

bdorn

Post Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:31 am

I'm trying to setup my gallery now. I have already put alot of effort to annotate my pics using embedded IPTC comments. Are there any plans at this time to allow PBase clients to use embedded IPTC comments in the PBase comments field?

Board index PBase Feature Requests Support for Picasa2 EXIF captions?