Board index PBase Feature Requests Why even have this forum?

Feature Requests

Why even have this forum?

Request changes or modifications.
joesimages

Why even have this forum?

Post Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:44 pm

It's obvious slug and co. don't read it and can't communicate in a timely manner...hell, make that in any manner whatsoever. So I find a feature requests forum very funny.

matiasasun

Re: Why even have this forum?

Post Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:37 am

joesimages wrote:It's obvious slug and co. don't read it and can't communicate in a timely manner...hell, make that in any manner whatsoever. So I find a feature requests forum very funny.

I´m sure you´re not the only one who´s asking himself "why do we have this forum". Just look at the increse rates of posts in the other two forums; show and tell, wich could be used as an indicator of the forum activity is just normal. The activity of the forums didn´t decrease. I would say, maybe it is even more active in here, because if you look at "questions and answers" you´ll see millions of new posts everyday. A lot about PBase situation, and a whole bunch asking for the "usual" stuff (a.k.a. how to). But feature request does not have more activity. It has decreased. Shorter threats, less topics, etc.

Then... in this conditions that seems to be well understood by several members here. Why to post here? I can think of three reasons

1) To tell somewhere about your idea of how to improve this site. This is a real need in a community, but also a channel for creativity to be included. A very good reason to my understanding.

2) Because you might be asking for something that is already here, or that does not needs to be implemented because it can be done by ourselves. Then the reason would be; because you can get help. Wich is also a real resource when we think of PBase as a community.

3) Because some day these ideas are gonna be compiled and readed by our webmasters, and they might be implemented (alone or in combination, as it has happened before). Anyway, they talk about how do we see this site; how do we use it, and how do we relate to the features and possibilities they got to offer.

well... That´s how I see it.

Matias
Matias, Chile - http://www.pbase.com/matiasasun
Resources, HOWTOs, Samples and more! - http://pbasewiki.srijith.net/

photokhan

Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:19 am

The fact that they don't respond does not mean they do not take the requests into account.

If you check the "requested features list" sticky at the top, you’ll notice some have already been implemented. It would have been a huge coincidence if they had came up with the exact same features ideas as the ones requested.

PK

Board index PBase Feature Requests Why even have this forum?