Board index PBase Feature Requests Panorama image sizing

Feature Requests

Panorama image sizing

Request changes or modifications.
mhawkins

Panorama image sizing

Post Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:53 pm

Currently its difficult to view panorama images. The thumbnail, small, medium, and large sizes are all too small for a typical panorama. I think viewers have an expectation that panoramas will take longer to view, and posters have an expectation that these images will take up more space in their account. So I think it would be desirable to make these images larger for easier viewing.

The problem seems to be that images are resized according to their longest dimension. My suggestion would be to determine if an image is a panorama by checking whether one dimension is, say, 3 times longer than the other or more. If so, then size the images according to the smaller dimension. For example, for a horizontal panorama, make the "large" image size be 500 pixels tall and let the width dimension fall where it may. Medium could then be something like 300 pixels tall, small 200, thumbnail 100 for example.

matiasasun

Re: Panorama image sizing

Post Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:14 pm

Agree... I have being thinking the same these days. Maybe a special gallery design for Panoramas with 120px high standard or something like that.... Or maybe each one will have to do it by himself (like the rest)
Matias, Chile - http://www.pbase.com/matiasasun
Resources, HOWTOs, Samples and more! - http://pbasewiki.srijith.net/

simonb

Post Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:06 am

I third this request :)

I would like to display my pano's in a more friendly size (that displays better than the 'large' auto-format, but the only wat to do it now is to edit the uploaded image and link to the original.

glenneroo

Post Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:15 pm

got a fourth request here!! :)

and to make it even easier (or not?), just allow us to manually set the large/medium/small dimensions of individual images and/or galleries... then no guesswork needs to be done! :D

nuggie

Post Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:43 pm

yes please. Right now panos loop stupid.

Board index PBase Feature Requests Panorama image sizing