Board index PBase Feature Requests sequencing is totally broken

Feature Requests

sequencing is totally broken

Request changes or modifications.
murraybowles

sequencing is totally broken

Post Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:17 am

Upload from a zip file has scrambled the image order for about a year now. but since yesterday, neither sequence-by-title nor sequence-by-exif-date works to fix the ordering. it's tedious having to renumber everything by hand.

zackiedawg

Re: sequencing is totally broken

Post Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:57 pm

Same issue here - loaded new shots last night, tried to re-sequence by EXIF taken date, title, etc - nothing working.

mwhabib

Post Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:49 pm

Yes there is indeed a problem. No sequencing possible (randomize, hits count, names...) for the past 48h in my case.
Marwan Habib

lmwalker

Post Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:37 pm

Come on guys. Everyone breaks something from time to time, but both how long it takes to get something fixed and PBASE's silence on every issue is becoming unbearably annoying. I have been a paying PBASE member since 2007, sticking with the platform through numerous such issues including mind-numbing performance issues a few years ago. But my patience is not what it used to be and I now have the time available it would take to migrate to a more reliable platform. Please respond or just fix the issue, so we can receive the utility we are paying for.

deutsch

Post Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:07 am

I've written Support a couple times in the past month about sequencing issues. It's been going on for about a year. First when uploading a Zip, it was the 2nd photo that was always misplaced. Now it is all of them. I shoot even photography, have everything numerically numbered, and still have to spend a good hour or two resequencing everything. Nobody at Pbase listens anymore, or seems to care. I've been a member since 2003. Never used to be like this.

As a result, I've been moving everything to Flickr. For $49 a year, Unlimited storage. Already moved 10 Gb over in Originals and have a 100 Gb to go yet. The nice thing is you have complete security control, Flickr works well on ALL platforms, especially smart phones where you can swipe with your finger to go to next photo instead of hitting Next (if you can find it on the small phone), photos look great on all screen sizes, and starting January they're doing 5K screen capability as well. Plus, there's smart phone and iPad Apps for Flickr, easy management, easy drag and drop Upload direct from my computer file manager. No more Zip files, no more conserving space on Pbase, etc.

My plan is up this month, so I'm moving on. Just can't take the slow performance lately, the slow Uploads, no Support in addressing sequencing issues that used to work just fine, lack of screen and display support, lack of Apps, etc, etc, etc. Never thought I'd leave, but Bye!

akmc_in_au

Post Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:33 am

deutsch wrote:I've written Support a couple times in the past month about sequencing issues.

For what it's worth, the sequencing seems to be working again as of a few hours ago. But I do understand all of the rest of your points. I'm also on Flickr because I know in my bones that it's not an if, but a when PBase finally breaks beyond repair. I haven't had a lot of time for putting up photos of late but when I do I really notice one other difference. Flickr? A couple of hundred views per photo in the first 24 hours. I haven't posted anything to Flickr in months and I still get a few views per day. PBase? Maybe 20 in total across all of my galleries in a week. Maybe. New or old, it doesn't matter. There might be a slight spike when something new goes up but we're talking tens (and not many of those), not hundreds.

deutsch wrote:For $49 a year, Unlimited storage.

Though along with the recent changes and the limitation of free accounts to a thousand images, they've actually increased the base fee to a few cents short of $US60. (With 15% off for those upgrading from freebies until January.) I suspect that further limitations will follow. A thousand is still quite a lot; I joined 11 years ago and am still only at about 2700. I'm therefore not sure it'll drive as many people to pay as they want. Their new masters at Smug Mug have a zero tolerance for free accounts. If you don't pay your dues you'll be harangued by warning e-mails telling you to pay up or your galleries get a bullet... and eventually they deliver on that. I don't think Flickr will go that far since weight of market share is its key selling point and free accounts drive that, but Smug is a very cashflow - conscious firm.

However I wouldn't move everything; just copy it. When the black day finally comes, I'm just going to let mine go down with the ship. I can replicate the photos on Flickr; the comments are a different issue.

Anyway, good luck over there.

Board index PBase Feature Requests sequencing is totally broken