Board index PBase Feature Requests Add a camera.

Feature Requests

Add a camera.

Request changes or modifications.
vj4000

Add a camera.

Post Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:28 pm

Can you please add Leica Q ( TYPE 116 ) to the camera list please. Introduced 2015.
Thanks

dw_thomas

Re: Add a camera.

Post Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:03 pm

OK, it's probably an exercise in futility, but the official way to get cameras and lenses added to the database is to email the request to cameras@pbase.com

There is no evidence that The Management(tm) pays any attention to these user forums -- of course there is little evidence they pay any attention to email lately either. :(

In theory it is also useful to supply links to a photo and/or specification of the particular piece of gear.

DaveT

vj4000

Post Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:04 am

waste of time I guess then ! Not motivated enough to make the effort if they don't bother with it

richo

Post Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:11 pm

vj4000 wrote:Can you please add Leica Q ( TYPE 116 ) to the camera list please. Introduced 2015.
Thanks

You can do this manually, should the management never gets around to it. Just select ----yours--- from the body type and then in the "Other" box enter Leica Q (Type 116). You can do this for the lens too.
This can be done by editing the image or in the edit gallery you can select multiple or all images and update the information from there.

dw_thomas

Post Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:20 pm

richo wrote:You can do this manually, should the management never gets around to it. Just select ----yours--- from the body type and then in the "Other" box enter Leica Q (Type 116). You can do this for the lens too.
This can be done by editing the image or in the edit gallery you can select multiple or all images and update the information from there.

That won't likely show in the global PBase camera database (which is/was one of the fun aspects of this place) otherwise there would currently be a "DWThomas 8x10 Pinhole" showing out there somewhere, among others. :lol:

Ah well, I guess I'll remain here, at least until the next crisis.
DaveT

richo

Post Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:49 pm

dw_thomas wrote:
richo wrote:You can do this manually, should the management never gets around to it. Just select ----yours--- from the body type and then in the "Other" box enter Leica Q (Type 116). You can do this for the lens too.

That won't likely show in the global PBase camera database (which is/was one of the fun aspects of this place) otherwise there would currently be a "DWThomas 8x10 Pinhole" showing out there somewhere, among others. :lol:

Ah well, I guess I'll remain here, at least until the next crisis.
DaveT

No, but it will show up on your images...so one can still put: "TimeTravelVR-3016".:)
Also...the camera model should show in the extended exif.

dw_thomas

Post Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:41 pm

richo wrote:No, but it will show up on your images...so one can still put: "TimeTravelVR-3016".:)
Also...the camera model should show in the extended exif.

Ah yes, I use ExifTool to put data in my scans of film shots. I tellya it warms the cockles of me heart to see something like "Voigtländer Perkeo II" (a hot stuff circa 1952 6x6 folder) show up when I upload to PBase. :mrgreen:

jeanb

Post Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:25 am

richo wrote:That won't likely show in the global PBase camera database (which is/was one of the fun aspects of this place) otherwise there would currently be a "DWThomas 8x10 Pinhole" showing out there somewhere, among others. :lol:

Too bad, it was a great feature and I used it a lot.

Board index PBase Feature Requests Add a camera.