Board index PBase Feature Requests E-mail notification of gallery comments and PBASE mail?

Feature Requests

E-mail notification of gallery comments and PBASE mail?

Request changes or modifications.
natalia

E-mail notification of gallery comments and PBASE mail?

Post Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:44 am

I searche and didn't find the answer to my question: Is it possible to get notified by e-mail when

1. someone posts a comment to your gallery?

2. when you get a P-mail (PBASE) message?

...instead of going to the "profile" page to check for some activity.....

srijith

Post Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:43 pm

To my knowledge, the answer to both your questions are unfortunately - no! It is one of the frequently asked feature request. It just seems so logical to have this functionality that I am surprised that it has not been implemented so far!

natalia

Post Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:48 pm

thanks for the reply! I am sure it'll get implemented in the future.

jeannius

Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:46 am

THat would have to be an option, as I wouldn't want an email everytime I had a comment?? I would have 100 emails a day!!

Maybe NOT the best solution? Or at least make it something one could choose or NOT choose?

framewerkz

Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:52 am

jeannius wrote:THat would have to be an option, as I wouldn't want an email everytime I had a comment?? I would have 100 emails a day!!

Maybe NOT the best solution? Or at least make it something one could choose or NOT choose?

Whoa, it's nice to be loved.

I'm lucky to get a comment a week.
For the arty-farty crap, go here:
http://www.pbase.com/framewerkz

arjunrc

Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:01 pm

framewerkz wrote:Whoa, it's nice to be loved.

Haha. Well put. I too support this feature - If I ever get even 50 mails _per_ day (heck make that 10, gee even 5, ok, even _1_ a day ;-) ] for my gallery, I'll probably celebrate.

matiasasun

Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:05 pm

arjunrc wrote:
framewerkz wrote:Whoa, it's nice to be loved.

Haha. Well put. I too support this feature - If I ever get even 50 mails _per_ day (heck make that 10, gee even 5, ok, even _1_ a day ;-) ] for my gallery, I'll probably celebrate.

If I get a Message I´ll tell everybody I know for a week! :oops:
Matias, Chile - http://www.pbase.com/matiasasun
Resources, HOWTOs, Samples and more! - http://pbasewiki.srijith.net/

jeannius

Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:26 pm

Hey! I didn't mean that to sound the way it might have! It's the Photo a Day thing, we tend to get "chatty" on each other's photos, thus generating alot of comments!

I'm not saying my work is so fabulous that I get so many comments, I just have alot of "friends" in the PAD group!!

I like the idea to be an OPTION, not something that happens. Like you can CHOOSE to receive notice by email or choose NOT to.

:P

arjunrc

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:32 am

jeannius wrote:Hey! I didn't mean that to sound the way it might have! It's the Photo a Day thing, we tend to get "chatty" on each other's photos, thus generating alot of comments!
:P

Hi Jeannius, yes we know you did not mean it that way.
Some of us just took this opportunity to mock our own sorry states in a jocular way :D

regds
arjun

murraybowles

first unread message

Post Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:07 pm

PBASE already keeps track of whether you have unread messages or not. So it could just send a "you have unread messages" email each time the unread messages count goes from 0 to 1, rather than one email per message.

Board index PBase Feature Requests E-mail notification of gallery comments and PBASE mail?