Board index PBase Feature Requests Gift account

Feature Requests

Gift account

Request changes or modifications.
455rocket

Gift account

Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:07 pm

It would be nice to have a simple form at pbase whereby you could give a friend or relative a one year prepaid pbase account as a gift. It may be a good gift to give along with that digital camera.

matiasasun

Re: Gift account

Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:23 am

455rocket wrote:It would be nice to have a simple form at pbase whereby you could give a friend or relative a one year prepaid pbase account as a gift. It may be a good gift to give along with that digital camera.

Everybody takes notice; my birthday is the third day of "Febrero". And I´ve been looking those canon cameras.
:lol:
Matias, Chile - http://www.pbase.com/matiasasun
Resources, HOWTOs, Samples and more! - http://pbasewiki.srijith.net/

srijith

Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:14 pm

Until pbase team comes around with a solution, you could create the account for the friend and pay for it and then pass on the username and password to him/her when the birthday comes :)

455rocket

Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:56 pm

I've done what you suggested, one question though... is it possible for the recipient to change the "username" I picked for them in case they don't like it?

castledude

Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:28 pm

People request username changes all the time. They just send an email to Slug/Emily and it happens.

The person will also probably want to change the default email location at the same time.

goislands

...changing username.

Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:18 pm

But: you can change email at any time by yourself. Why not to change your
username at that ocassion. There is by the way another issue here:
You cannot use the same email for more than username! This is quite
inconvenient.

455rocket

Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:33 pm

Thanks guys I've passed the info on. :D

srijith

Re: ...changing username.

Post Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:47 am

goislands wrote:You cannot use the same email for more than username! This is quite
inconvenient.

Since Pbase allows trial accounts, I guess this policy is in place so that I as a malicious user cannot open 100s of trial accounts with the same email addr!

Board index PBase Feature Requests Gift account