Board index PBase Feature Requests There should be an "IT" phone number for technical

Feature Requests

There should be an "IT" phone number for technical

Request changes or modifications.
yippee2000

There should be an "IT" phone number for technical

Post Wed May 19, 2004 5:08 pm

I have been having certain issues with this site that I can't seem to figure out. The way I see if, if people like myself are paying to use this site, then we should be provided with a phone number, for when this poorly-designed site is giving us problems. Sending back and forth emails, or posting to a forum, is not the way to solve technical problems for paying customers, especially when the emails or posts on the forum are not able to resolve their issues. I wonder now if maybe I got suckered into paying $25 (or whatever it was), since there is no way to reach a live person for help.

Thank you.

srijith

Post Wed May 19, 2004 5:31 pm

First of all, not many people have found this site "NOT very user-friendly". Any specific UI problems?

Second - isn't it a bit too much to ask for a live support feature for a price of $23/yr when you are getting 200MB, no-bandwidth-limited image hosting solution that very rarely goes down?

Third - as far as I can see you have posted 4 times (including this one) to the forum, asking one question, which I think was very well answered by castledude. What exactly is the technical problem that has not been resolved?

sheila

Post Thu May 20, 2004 12:11 am

Agree with Srijith. For Slug to have this sort of service, it would have to be 24 hours a day. It may have escaped your attention that the members are world wide and of course all on different time zones. I know of no other site like this for such a low amount of dosh! Its had its problems in the past but now appears to be running more or less smoothly. Ever tried calling Microsoft with a problem :lol:

Cheers
Sheila
Sheila Smart
Canon 5D Mark III; 17-40L; 24-70 f/2.8L; 70-300 f.4-5.6 L USM; 135 f/2L; 100 f/2.8 macro; 8-15 f/4 L fisheye

Blog: http://sheilasmartphotography.blogspot.com/

pmphotos

Take your business elsewhere.

Post Thu May 20, 2004 12:52 am

*start rant*
People like you are unreal to me. For $23/year you expect everything that PBase provides...AND MORE?!?!?!?

Compare what you get here with other places (for the same price), then take your complaining somewhere else.

*end rant*

matiasasun

Re: Just Try

Post Thu May 27, 2004 11:11 pm

I don´t think we could ever gonna need it. That´s why these forums are.

Anyway, one of the things I like about Pbase is that it works as a virtual Community. Don´t you think? And if you have an idea, then you should be able to solve it yourself with the help of the rest: to share (knowledge, idea, habilities) and to create are the most interesting thing about PBase...

And it is a very, very, very good service. And cheap.

But, and this is something that´s goibng to be a problem in the future, my mother will ever understand how to define a style sheet; so if massivity is a goal, then a more "friendly" ways of creating a gallery should be implemented. (As I have discovered, almost all of us thought "what the f***" when we first saw the style sheet editor page :lol: )

And, please, when will we be able to get the visitors IP? :?
Matias, Chile - http://www.pbase.com/matiasasun
Resources, HOWTOs, Samples and more! - http://pbasewiki.srijith.net/

srijith

Re: Just Try

Post Fri May 28, 2004 6:48 am

matiasasun wrote:
But, and this is something that´s goibng to be a problem in the future, my mother will ever understand how to define a style sheet; so if massivity is a goal, then a more "friendly" ways of creating a gallery should be implemented. (As I have discovered, almost all of us thought "what the f***" when we first saw the style sheet editor page :lol: )

But doesn't pbase have ready-to-use prebuilt CSS sheets that your mother can use for her gallery? If she needs a unique and modified style, of course she has to get her hands dirty and do it herself.

The only other solution I can even think about is to give the user a huge list of different classes and divs that are used by Pbase and let the user define the properties (like bgcolor, textcolor, font) of each of them. But that will still be as technical as before.

CSS is not very simple (atleast now). Everyone who tries to design a whole website using CSS will know that. But then so was HTML some years ago and now almost everyone knows how to write some HTML "code"..

jypsee

email works

Post Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:40 am

I've found that sending an email to slug works...tho I don't know what he'd do if everyone who has an issue were to email him. Hmmm...maybe I get an answer signed "slug" written by someone else, but at least I get an answer...

jypsee in FL
http://www.pbase.com/jypsee/root

Board index PBase Feature Requests There should be an "IT" phone number for technical