Board index PBase Feature Requests Vote Counter

Feature Requests

Vote Counter

Request changes or modifications.
alina_kurbiel

Vote Counter

Post Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:40 am

Under the photo it would be nice to have vote counter. Also I would like to know who was voting so I can send quick thank you note.
Let me know what you think about such improvement :)

alangrant

Re: Vote Counter

Post Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:06 pm

alina_kurbiel wrote:I would like to know who was voting

I'm not so sure that's a good idea. It would just lead to lots more people voting for as many galleries as possible in the hope that some of the recipients will feel obliged to return the favour.
Alan
Travel Photos - http://www.pbase.com/alangrant
Balkanology: Explore Southeast Europe - http://www.balkanology.com/

akmc_in_au

Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:45 am

alangrant wrote:
alina_kurbiel wrote:I would like to know who was voting

I'm not so sure that's a good idea. It would just lead to lots more people voting for as many galleries as possible in the hope that some of the recipients will feel obliged to return the favour.

I agree. I think that's what already happens with some people who make comments and leave a "Voted" notation... especially where you see the same person making the same "canned" (generic) comments on bunches of galleries that you visit, and rarely if ever see them say anything that's particular to the gallery or image as the case may be.

I'm 50/50 on even letting someone know I voted; about half the time I'll leave a comment but not mention that I've voted because I don't want to make them feel obliged, but with the other half I mention it because it's just such a good image or gallery that I feel they deserve to know that I for one regarded it as good enough to vote for. It's a really difficult line to walk, but as with you I think that having a "score keeping" method would tend to magnify the existing abuse of the system.

But {sigh}, as I've said many times before, I really WOULD like to see PBase have a method for letting you keep track of the votes that you've cast yourself so that you can find those images again easily...

alina_kurbiel

Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:38 pm

By voting you can show your appreciation for the photo and see how the counter is going up :) On other hand vote is only a mouse click why you should fill obligated to return the favor ?

Board index PBase Feature Requests Vote Counter