Board index PBase Feature Requests Delete photo's from comment management

Feature Requests

Delete photo's from comment management

Request changes or modifications.
christopher_schlaf

Delete photo's from comment management

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:50 pm

I would really like to have the ability to delete photo's from the comment management area.I post around 300 shots from photo shoots that I do and I ask my cliants to pick the ones the want deleted (the ones that they know they wont want) by saying so in the comment box .It would be great to delete them from the comment management area.Otherwise I have to open 2 windows and locate the photo's and delete them.Or if anyone know of a better way of doing this please let me know.

Chris

nooutlet
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Re: Delete photo's from comment management

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:15 pm

If it were possible to delete an image from the comment management page, there would be a high likelihood that someone would accidentally delete an image when they meant to delete a comment.
One way that seems less laborious to me is to just use the link to the image that is provided by the comment management page. To the left of any comment left on an image, you'll find a thumbnail of that image. That thumbnail is also a link to that image's page(http://www.pbase.com/image/#######). The text above the image that's of the form "Image ######## - Title" is also a link to the image page. Click either of these, then at the top of the image page, click "edit image". On the edit_image page, the button to delete the image is near the top on the very right. I'm not exactly sure how you were doing it before, but since you said you had to "locate the photo", I suspect you were looking through your galleries trying to find a match of the thumbnail and this should be easier than that. Also, I don't know if this works in all operating systems and browsers, but when I click a link using the mouse wheel, it opens the page in a new tab in FireFox. If you're able to do that, with your mouse, operating system and browser, you'll find it easier to open the image pages in a new tab which you can close once the image is deleted. This way, you won't have to leave the comment management page and browse "back" to it after deleting an image.

NoOutlet

Board index PBase Feature Requests Delete photo's from comment management