Board index PBase Feature Requests Pbase viewer for the Iphone/Ipod Touch?

Feature Requests

Pbase viewer for the Iphone/Ipod Touch?

Request changes or modifications.
fototravis

Pbase viewer for the Iphone/Ipod Touch?

Post Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:44 am

I see more and more photo viewers coming along for the Iphone/Ipod Touch with the launch of the new Apple Appstore. Anyone creating one that works with Pbase? Just curious, I see it for some of the others.

cincyimages

Re: Pbase viewer for the Iphone/Ipod Touch?

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:50 am

I agree! Photobucket, SmugMug & Flickr all have iPhone viewers, where is Pbase's version? Can Pbase admins inform us if there is even one under development?
http://www.cincyimages.com

Nikon D300
Nikkor 24-70mm 2.8, Nikkor 70-200mm 2.8, Nikkor 18-200mm, Nikkor 50mm 1.8D, Sigma 10-20mm, Nikon SB-800

yardbird

Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:14 pm

I think the Iphone browser handles the image pages very well. I have no problem viewing my pages on the Iphone. The forums are a little difficult to navigate through though.

tradescant

Post Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:20 am

I wonder how difficult it would be for a Pbase member to code an uploader/viewer for the Iphone/ipod? The source code is open under Apples Software Developers Kit so wouldn't it be a case of tweaking one of the existing apps to upload/view pbase rather than, for example, smugmug, flickr etc.

I'm not a coder - as can you can probably tell from my simplistic view above - but seems to be a worthwhile task. Heck I'd even pay for a decent app that worked well.

David.

fototravis

Post Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:27 pm

I am surprised there still isn't anything available for the iPhone yet. I see tons of stuff for Flicker, Smugmug, etc.

venturabumm

Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:09 pm

Please be patient. I am looking at working on a free browse only tool. And a .99 cent tool that allows you to upload and create galleries, as well as browse galleries. (similar to my iphoto tool, iPhoto2PBase). I am just starting to investigate this and look a what kind of parsing needs to be done. The browsing is a few wks out. I will try to keep everyone posted. And if I can do a small beta as time gets close.

The goal is to have PBase in your hands in a native iPhone application.

scalleia

Post Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:09 am

Just wondering if there was any more news/progress on this. Is it still under development. I like pBase and think it's much better than many of the others for serious photographers BUT really would like an iPhone app to upload and view. Unfortunately pBase seems to lack some of the others when it comes to things like this. Anyway thanks, just wondering.

rjs

Post Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:58 am

venturabum, any progress???

Or anyone else for that matter? I just want to upload candids as i take them. Would be awesome!

Rob

robertholloway

Post Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:39 pm

Hi

I too would love an app for my iphone. I'm fed up of my girlfriend showing off her photos with her app :(
Looking at them on a web browser is not the same

Rob

tradescant

Post Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:18 am

Another request here for an update on an iphone/pbase app - any news?

At the moment I'm using a free FLickr account to shoot and upload on the fly but would much rather use pBase.

I did take a look at trying to do one myself but the intricacies of the Objective C programming language is beyond my capabilities.

C'mon pBase - you need to keep up or risk falling further and further behind - with the inherent risk of paying members like me slowlying drifting away to sites with more functionality.

stuartjr

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:17 am

C'mon folks, pBase is highly unlikely to listen to requests for anything given their recent performance history.

I rather suspect that they have their hands full trying to hold together the existing set up, let alone thinking about introducing anything new. In the absence of information to the contrary (just for a change), I worry that the random stats performance (daily updates as and when they feel like it - at the time of writing, last update Jan 23rd, it's Jan 28th now!) and the fact that earlier this week pBase was virtually unworkable due to the painfully slow responses and 'time-outs', could be an indicator as the current 'state of health' of the whole of the pBase system.

Anyway, just a little suggestion for all you folks here looking for an iPhone app.

I deliberately downsize my photos for pBase as I'm sure many of you do, and keep them in a separate folder with subfolders on my Mac. If you do the same, you can simply select that folder and sub folders to sync with your iPhone in iTunes and voila, your photos are on your iPhone with no need even for wi-fi or 3G connectivity to view them!

Just a thought and it works for me and it takes up very little room on your iPhone too.

:D
"The World is a book .... those who do not travel read only one page"
Nikon D700, Nikon 24-70G f2.8

Board index PBase Feature Requests Pbase viewer for the Iphone/Ipod Touch?