Board index PBase Feature Requests Paint from other countries

Feature Requests

Paint from other countries

Request changes or modifications.
princess6666

Paint from other countries

Post Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:56 am

I am suspected of being a spammer by NoOutlet because an identical post was found in the forums of Comic Book Resources and UnRealityTV. How one can find lead in paint purchased from a particular website is not related to photography, let alone PBase, let alone feature requests of PBase. Nor does it seem to be related to comic books or whatever UnrealityTV might do. In a new program of spam victim cross promotion that NoOutlet's just come up with, he's taking out the links that I would like to have here and leaving links to sites that he discovered have also been hit by this spam.

How can I tell if there is lead in paint? Is there any way to test it? If I buy oil paint for some website, and it gets delivered to me, then how would I go about getting it tested. If they were not in China then I would not really worry about it, but I have heard so much about all this lead paint coming out of China. They have differnt kinds of paint on thier website. I don't know if you can tell by looking at the brand of paint they have listed but any help I could use.

Thanks

dougj

Re: Paint from other countries

Post Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:06 am

Testing requires sophisticated & costly instruments, tests for lead and other restricted compounds are available through certified laboratories. There are a number of these laboratories in China that conduct testing and certify the safety of products exported to the EU, US, Japan, and other countries. Testing is costly and very impractical for small quantities of products. I don't know what country you are in, but it most likely will be easier and safer to purchase the paint from a local supplier, one that has had the products they import and/or sell already certified as lead-free.

nooutlet
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:47 am

What do you think of this new idea of spam victim cross promotion? I think it's sort of genius. Is this thread now topical because spam victim cross promotion might be considered a feature request?

dougj

Post Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:21 am

This one is very similar to the other 'help me' threads that were rightfully nuked. It's a cleaver new technique, rather refreshing from the half-English routine spam posts - "highest qulity and cheepist prise". I'm a sucker for this stuff - a trusting soul that has led a sheltered life...

lucidity

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:25 am

i don't fully understand the techinique... do they want the com ic book and un rea lity tv links to get good ratings or paint sites?

dougj

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:01 pm

Usually they're just spamming their website - trying to get customers. Some of this is done by automated bots, programs that roam the internet, register on forums & sites & post messages from templates.

nooutlet
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:49 pm

They had posted links to some site selling paints. I took out those links and added links to the comic place and UnrealityTV because I found that those places had identical posts. They didn't link the comic book place or UnrealityTV originally.
I could have linked to a lot more....
Google search results

dang

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:59 pm

nooutlet wrote:They had posted links to some site selling paints. I took out those links and added links to the comic place and UnrealityTV because I found that those places had identical posts. They didn't link the comic book place or UnrealityTV originally.
I could have linked to a lot more....
Google search results

Chuckle...
:P

flemmingbo

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:56 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

One of the funnier spam posts in a while !

How to test if there's lead in paint? Well, according to Monty Python I think you throw her in lake and see if she floats. Wait, that's to test for witches I think :)

Flemming
Flemming Bo Jensen Photography
Gallery: http://www.pbase.com/flemmingbo
My photography blog: http://flemmingbo.wordpress.com

dougj

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:49 pm

Tee Hee :mrgreen:

Board index PBase Feature Requests Paint from other countries