Board index PBase Feature Requests Expand Profile "Location" to include US States

Feature Requests

Expand Profile "Location" to include US States

Request changes or modifications.
csully

Expand Profile "Location" to include US States

Post Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:38 pm

Limiting US Residents to just "United States" is like limiting Europeans to just "Europe"

It would be nice to know what state a person is in.

northstar37

Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:00 am

I'm in a bit of a state at the moment it must be said...

srijith

Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:25 am

I agree that most of the Pbase supporters are in US. But if slug goes and implements this, I am not sure how he can respond to someone, say from India (just an example), who wants to specify his state too!

joesimages

Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:29 pm

srijith wrote:I agree that most of the Pbase supporters are in US. But if slug goes and implements this, I am not sure how he can respond to someone, say from India (just an example), who wants to specify his state too!

what do you mean?

srijith

Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:42 pm

joesimages wrote:what do you mean?

What I meant is, what will slug do if he gets a request like this:
Limiting Indian Residents to just "India" is like limiting Europeans to just "Europe"

It would be nice to know what state a person is in.

joesimages

Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:23 pm

considering India has around 200 users on pbase and the US has almost 11,000, i'd tend to say "tough luck".

ralph

Post Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:58 am

Excellent idea. I think I made a similar request here a few months ago about this very matter. It would be very nice to be able to search profile information on more specific information such as "state" and perhaps even town or city.

mstum

Post Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:01 pm

Add my vote! I too would like to search for folks in my state. (I came to this forum to make this very suggestion... glad to see I wasn't first.)

Board index PBase Feature Requests Expand Profile "Location" to include US States