Board index PBase Feature Requests Front Page

Feature Requests

Front Page

Request changes or modifications.
happypoppeye

Front Page

Post Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:02 pm

The front page is outdated with the competition by about two months - Why? - can you not just leave anything out that needs to be updated.
It's now June 6, 2008 - in the forums section, why does it say the newest member joined on Oct 28, 2007?

It's little things like this that will deter people from joining. It's a great site, just don't handicap it.

Thanks
John

dang

Re: Front Page

Post Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:00 pm

happypoppeye wrote:The front page is outdated with the competition by about two months - Why? - can you not just leave anything out that needs to be updated.
It's now June 6, 2008 - in the forums section, why does it say the newest member joined on Oct 28, 2007?

It's little things like this that will deter people from joining. It's a great site, just don't handicap it.

Thanks
John

Hi John,
I must be missing something, since there's nothing I see to update on the main page: http://www.pbase.com/
The forum doesn't show a date for the newest member who joined, but only the member name which has a link to their profile.
Are you sure you're using the correct url http://forum.pbase.com/index.php and not the "form" url which was used during testing?
If not, it might help admin to add the url's so they'll know which pages you mean. :wink:

nooutlet
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:48 pm

The competition announcement is outdated. Maybe you've just gotten so used to it that you don't see it anymore, dang. It's the message that says "The 78th Show and Tell Competition is underway in the forums. The theme is "POWER", as chosen by previous winner Brad Claypole."
I'm not sure what you meant by the newest member joining on October 28, 2007. Perhaps you clicked their name and looked at their PBase profile? The "newest member" in the forum section will just mean the most recent member to visit the forum for the first time since accounts are created on the fly when you visit the forum for the first time. It's quite possible that someone who joined PBase last October just visited the forum the first time and then that message came up, but I really don't think that's going to deter anyone from joining PBase.

happypoppeye

Post Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:26 pm

Yes - it is the "78th Show and Tell competition" that I was talking about.
The newest member thing - It's the very last thing on the home forum page where it says "Our newest member". Maybe I misunderstood that - although it was most probably a glitch or whatever you want to call it as every other time I click that it is a member who joined on that particular day.

Thanks for the reply - not complaining, just pointing out.
Thanks
John

Board index PBase Feature Requests Front Page