Board index PBase Feature Requests Width of file name space on photo uploads

Feature Requests

Width of file name space on photo uploads

Request changes or modifications.
jensmatic

Width of file name space on photo uploads

Post Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:35 am

Would be nice to widen the file name space on the uploads so that the full file name would display. As it is now my path clips right at the file name so that when doing bulk uploads you cannot see which files you have already selected for upload. Perhaps my path to my file name is longer than most, but I don't think that is the case. There seems to be no lack of space on the pages to do this and it would make things a lot easier, especially if you get interrupted in the middle of selecting photos and then when you come back cannot tell which photos you have already loaded.

djwixx

Re: Width of file name space on photo uploads

Post Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:09 am

The problem is that increasing the field can make the page look a mess, and there are too many variables on what the length of the field should be.

You could add all the files to a zip and upload them all at once and that way you don't need to check each upload individually.

dang

Post Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:42 am

I agree, makes it much easier. You can get "JustZipIt" free here: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Compression-tools/JustZIPit.shtml

jensmatic

Post Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:50 pm

On the expanded upload page less than half the page width is being used. I understand the problem on the single upload page.

Board index PBase Feature Requests Width of file name space on photo uploads