Board index PBase Feature Requests Comment edit feature.

Feature Requests

Comment edit feature.

Request changes or modifications.
billrobinson

Comment edit feature.

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:24 pm

I have had occassions where I would have liked to edit a comment I made to someones gallery/image and am unable....something I can do with my posts here in the forum.
Would it be possible to extend this feature to the galleries ?

djwixx

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:18 pm

It's a nice idea, but I wonder how upset you'd be to find all the comments you received had been revisited and changed completely or deleted by the original poster? I can see the benefit of a preview option prior to posting, or an option to edit for a short period of time afterward.

billrobinson

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:27 am

I understand what you are saying Dave and can only say I am appreciating the support I receive. Were someone to feel so strongly as to delete a post, that would be something I'd have to respect.
Having the option to correct gammer and spelling errors or even to enhance a previous point of view still wins through for me.

soenda

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:14 am

Bill, I think a lot of folks wish that we could edit comments. However, there is one thing that some of us do when we realize a typo or spelling error has slipped through. We correct and repost the comment. That does mean that until the gallery owner realizes the error there are two, nearly identical posts from one person. Generally it doesn't take very long for that to be noticed though. Then the owner can delete the incorrect message, leaving the new, improved version on the gallery.

An imperfect solution, but better than nothing.

billrobinson

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:21 am

A good work around Suzanne. :wink:

Board index PBase Feature Requests Comment edit feature.