Board index PBase Feature Requests emails to support@pbase.com with delivery errors

Feature Requests

emails to support@pbase.com with delivery errors

Request changes or modifications.
goislands

emails to support@pbase.com with delivery errors

Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:29 pm

I have send an email to support and received 3 automated replies with 3 different case numbers to the same email. Than a day later I received a warning about problems with delivery of this email. The message was:
[...
----- Transcript of session follows -----
procmail: Error while writing to "/var/spool/mail/support"
<support@pbase.com>... Deferred: local mailer (/usr/bin/procmail) exited with
EX_TEMPFAIL
Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours
Will keep trying until message is 5 days old

...]

My Message was about bad EXIF string for Lumix FZ18:

The camera type and model as stored by the Lumix FZ18 is precisely: "Panasonic DMC-FZ18".

But in the database at PBase this string is not found as a known camera. Consequently, all images made by FZ18 have by default "Other camera" assigned to them, and they do not have the link to this camera. This is the reason that FZ18 counts merely 37 images on PBase.

srijith

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:03 am

I think you can ignore that error message. That must have been some temporary glitch at their side. As long as you don't get an error message saying something like "Sorry, giving up", it should be fine.

goislands

Email to support

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:32 pm

srijith wrote:I think you can ignore that error message. That must have been some temporary glitch at their side. As long as you don't get an error message saying something like "Sorry, giving up", it should be fine.

Of course, its a std. message which might indicate a temporary problem with the mailbox. Its good possible that my support email arrived later, I just wanted alert PBase about the problem, which also include the fact that their system made 3 auto-replies with each different case number #247576, #247638 and than #247777.

And, last but not least: I see no change with Lumix FX18 so far !

In this context I wonder why the EXIF model names for the entry Canon's are inconsistent? We have EOS-350D, but than DIgital Rebel XTi and not the EOS-400D. Main thing is that all images are put together, I am just wondering.

Thanks,
Thomas

Board index PBase Feature Requests emails to support@pbase.com with delivery errors