Board index PBase Feature Requests Bugs in the mail service

Feature Requests

Bugs in the mail service

Request changes or modifications.
mardoli

Bugs in the mail service

Post Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:35 pm

It has already happened three times that I receive ,through the mail service included in Pbase, a message from a wrong sender. That is the name of the sender showed in the message is not the right person who sent me the message in reality.
I guess there is a bug in the system and I’d be happy if Slug could fix it because it’s rather annoying.
It has just happened to me again a few minutes ago. I got a message from Anna Yu, but it was showed as if it had been sent by a certain Jeanne Hemhauser-Ricci, who was not the sender of the message at all.
I don’t know if this problem has already happened to someone else, but it’s actually very confusing and it can create misunderstanding and problems in communication.
Thanks.

srijith

Post Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:25 pm

Does pbase actually have a mailing service? I would not know since I have de-spammed my email address at pbase :)

mardoli

Post Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:26 am

Well, it's obvious that English is not my mother tongue, so try to be flexible and to guess what I mean to say...you see, that way to send message to other members using that features one can find in profile page "send a message", I called it wrongly "mail service". In short what happened is that I sent a message using that inner feature of Pbase and I got an answer in the same way, but this answering message had, as sender, the name of another member of Pbase, not the one who had really written the message to me. It has already happened about three times, so if I wanted to reply directly I'd probabl write to the wrong person and it would create misunderstanding...so I guess there is a bug to fix. Is it cleare now???
Thank you
Marisa

srijith

Post Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:19 am

mardoli wrote:Well, it's obvious that English is not my mother tongue, so try to be flexible and to guess what I mean to say...you see, that way to send message to other members using that features one can find in profile page "send a message", I called it wrongly "mail service". In short what happened is that I sent a message using that inner feature of Pbase and I got an answer in the same way, but this answering message had, as sender, the name of another member of Pbase, not the one who had really written the message to me. It has already happened about three times, so if I wanted to reply directly I'd probabl write to the wrong person and it would create misunderstanding...so I guess there is a bug to fix. Is it cleare now???
Thank you
Marisa

It is clear now. Sorry if I came off as 'inflexible', didn't mean to. I really did not get your question. What I thought was this - pbase.com had started some mailing service whereby you get email everytime someone posts a comment in your gallery etc (something like a notification service). I though I was missing out on this!

As for your question - I have never had this happen to me personaly and have not heard anyone else report anything like this. So, in short I am stumped. You might want to wait for some more time to see if you get any sensible answers from others in the forum and if not, email help@pbase.com

ukexpat

Post Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:27 pm

I have noticed this a couple of times too -- either the comment is attributed to the wrong person, or it is given a subject line from another message...

Board index PBase Feature Requests Bugs in the mail service