Board index PBase Feature Requests Drag & Drop upload app needed

Feature Requests

Drag & Drop upload app needed

Request changes or modifications.
orillia

Drag & Drop upload app needed

Post Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:46 pm

To make uploading of images easier, how about a drag and drop app. Either as a webpage or a separate program. If it just uploads to the Inbox, I would be happy. But if it could do other things, like add keywords/comments/titles, upload to specific galleries or make a new gallery, I would be thrilled.

I hate to sound like a traitor, but after getting an account at *another site*, I certainly see the benefit to the users for such an application.

*edit*
I just seen that someone has written a MAC upload app, PBase Plug-in for Aperture. We need one for Windows .... pretty please.

orillia

Post Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:35 pm

If an upload tool is too difficult to make, how about this? Let us upload ZIP files to the Inbox or a specific gallery. Then Pbase would automatically unzip and post the photos. They had that at a previous site I used.

But I would still prefer an upload program.

dougj

Post Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:16 pm

Drag and drop (for windows) would be a nice addition. Currently we can upload ZIP files.

http://www.pbase.com/help/uploading

larena

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:05 am

Let us upload ZIP files to the Inbox or a specific gallery. Then Pbase would automatically unzip and post the photos. They had that at a previous site I used.

This feature is here already and works exactly as you have described.
Larena

orillia

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:16 am

Well will ya look at that huh. :D

Ok, but we really need an upload program pronto. Whether it be a separate program or a webpage based java or flash app. Just do it.

srijith

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:42 am

Not exactly drag and drop but this may help
http://www.srijith.net/codes/pbaseupload/

I haven't worked on this for some time now and have no idea if it still works :)

orillia

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:29 pm

Hey srijith. It still mostly works. I uploaded a photo to an existing gallery just fine. Tried the same with 2 photos at the same time. Failed by uploaded one wrong photo. Next attempted it just uploaded 1 of the 2. Plus I keep having to log in to upload the next photo.

But this shows that it can be done. Now we need you, or someone else, to tweak your program with a fancy GUI, new features and bug fixes.

After being at flickr for a while, I sure see the benefit of such an app.

cizko

Post Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:42 pm

i have just written a java applet that allows multiple file uploads by just dropping a selection onto the applet from e.g. the windows filebrowser. it uses the standart http post method for transfer. since we are planning to release it to the community anyway this might be something to use within pbase...

cheers, _ciz

Board index PBase Feature Requests Drag & Drop upload app needed