Board index PBase Feature Requests Copyright and download policy

Feature Requests

Copyright and download policy

Request changes or modifications.
budip

Copyright and download policy

Post Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:22 am

Dear all,

I've been reading many times either in this forum or other about picture stealing. It's a sad story that actually tons of people out there have this attitude. We're are here in this website, and even more we share the load by paying the server cost to learn, improve, share and show-off our photographic skill among us.

To Admin, is it possible that you add more feature for limiting the download capability if the person is not the gallery owner? I saw once in my graduation photo's website that the user can't download the photo by save as or even using PrintScreen function in the keyboard. I love this! And, I think some serious user wouldn't mind to add more fee to this feature, and be much more freedom to show-off their gallery without any hesitation.

I had experienced few times that my photos were stolen by guests from my gallery. The worst, I got email invitation from my friend to see his collegue's art work in snapfish.com. I was surprise that mostly the photos overthere are from my new year snaps, the fireworks and so on. Even worst, these photos are also posted in some website and the credit goes to the owner of the website and claimed that those are their artwork. What a nice stealing, isn't it?

And now, some guests left message in my guestbook saying that I should not put the copyright thing over my photos because it's selfish and 'suck'. So?

Any idea about this anyone? Thank you...

Best regards,
Budi Prasetya

thresholdprod

Post Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:52 am

Please take a read through the past in the forums on this subject. If you put your images online they are downloaded and these people have a copy on their hard drive. There is no way you can stop somebody from stealing your work if they really want it. I personaly hate to see images with big copyright notices plastered across them and No I don't steal other's work and post it online either.I have photos I saved to look at to inspire me to try and get that type of shot technique.. If you find your work online contact whoever is hosting their website and get the account killed. Let your friends know the person is a thief. Most people still don't undersatnd that everything online is copyrighted also.Think about the RIAA battle in America about file sharing.

On a positve note, I like your shots Calm Winter Weather and Bavarian Lamp Post

I've been a victim of photo theft too. Look at this way you're in good company and its kinda a mark of being good.

Bill

srijith

Post Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:32 am

thresholdprod wrote:I've been a victim of photo theft too. Look at this way you're in good company and its kinda a mark of being good.

Nice way to look at it :)

joesimages

Post Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:39 am

srijith wrote:
thresholdprod wrote:I've been a victim of photo theft too. Look at this way you're in good company and its kinda a mark of being good.

Nice way to look at it :)

Unless you make your living at it and then it is no different than owning a restaurant and having customers leave without paying... :?

budip

Post Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:29 pm

Thanks for stopping by thresholdprod. And yes, I agree with you. Actually I hate to put the big copyright over my canvas, but I was trying to give the "thief" a big message. How? I send email to that person to check out my gallery, and I think the person already got my message because I could see the IP address visited my personal website several times. Unfortunately, this person has "no brain at all" and still posting my pics in the snapfish gallery.

I apologize to everyone who feel uncomfortable due to my "copyright action" over my photos. I think that's enough, and I'm in process to remove those annoying copyright words, instead I will only put my small name in the corner.

For those who make photography for living, well..... I can't say anything. I hate those people who steal other people work. If you want to copy and keep it in your HD or for personal use, it's totally fine. But, don't use it for publication, and even worst, they claimed as their art work.....

BudiP

Board index PBase Feature Requests Copyright and download policy