Board index PBase Feature Requests Ability to Order Prints

Feature Requests

Ability to Order Prints

Request changes or modifications.
pmphotos

Ability to Order Prints

Post Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:19 am

I am very happy to be with PBase, and will continue to use and support this service.

In checking out other similar services though, there is one thing I'd really like to see added here - the ability for people to order prints right from my galleries.

I'm not sure exactly how it would work - but I know that smugmug has worked out a way to do it. If you click on "order prints" from a users gallery - the prices reflect the cost for the print (done through EZprints) plus a payment to the user. This would be really neat.

sheila

Post Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:01 pm

Sounds like an excellent idea but I feel it is way down Slug's list :)

Slug or Emily??

Cheers
Sheila
Sheila Smart
Canon 5D Mark III; 17-40L; 24-70 f/2.8L; 70-300 f.4-5.6 L USM; 135 f/2L; 100 f/2.8 macro; 8-15 f/4 L fisheye

Blog: http://sheilasmartphotography.blogspot.com/

olliemaitland

Re: Ability to Order Prints

Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:44 pm

pmphotos wrote:plus a payment to the user.

That would be pretty awesome, although i think there are pretty weird rules about printing other people photos without written proof or something (in Jessops, UK at least)

zanzispot

Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:43 pm

The other problem with printing from your photo archives is that normally, you edit the resolution/compression/file size so that upon viewing, the pictures don't take forever to load. A photo edited thusly will not be suitable for printing. You pretty much have to have an extremely large file to print out nicely, so that kinda means that using your regular archive is out. I find its easier to pick a service somewhere, and upload the high resolution photos in preparation for printing, (not for viewing).

minoltaman

Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:59 pm

At this time I do not feel the need to upload super-huge files either or revenue share with pbase. If I want to do this type of thing I will upload a few photos to sites taylored to this sort of venture.

My US.0036 cents

srijith

Post Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:27 am

I would say that it is would be a nice feature to have, but it should not be a priority. Furthermore copyright issues can rise up too. The best solutions would be to state on every album/image page that the image is for print-sale and then publish your email address for interested parties to contact you.

This would be going into the Frequently Asked Feature Requests list (if it is not there already).

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:19 am

We definitely want photo printing for PBase

PBase will remain focused on displaying photos on the web and not become primarily a printing service, but it would be useful and convenient to be able to order prints too.

So printing will happen eventually, but only when we can set up a way to offer that feature without corrupting PBase or taking too much time from other feature development.

-slug

joesimages

Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:32 pm

slug wrote:We definitely want photo printing for PBase

PBase will remain focused on displaying photos on the web and not become primarily a printing service, but it would be useful and convenient to be able to order prints too.

So printing will happen eventually, but only when we can set up a way to offer that feature without corrupting PBase or taking too much time from other feature development.

-slug

Slug, when you go down this path, please set it up so that the photographer can also fulfill the order and not have to rely on a predefined printing service to do this. I'd love to be able to have people go to my website, make an order, and I get an email with what prints they want and that lets me take it to my local lab to get it done.

minoltaman

Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:34 pm

Slug, when you go down this path, please set it up so that the photographer can also fulfill the order and not have to rely on a predefined printing service to do this. I'd love to be able to have people go to my website, make an order, and I get an email with what prints they want and that lets me take it to my local lab to get it done.

sup Joe?...very good idea indeed. Nice to see you hanging tough. lol

joesimages

Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:14 pm

minoltaman wrote:

sup Joe?...very good idea indeed. Nice to see you hanging tough. lol

Want to buy out the rest of my year on pbase Don? Then you can get rid of me.

minoltaman

Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:18 pm

Seriously, how much you take for it? I kinda like the login name joesimages. Rather catchy for sure. Problem is, with my ip being the same I probably won't be able to cast two votes for the good galleries, so the price better be cheap. :lol:

Board index PBase Feature Requests Ability to Order Prints