Board index PBase Feature Requests Vote for your favorite feature

Feature Requests

Vote for your favorite feature

Request changes or modifications.

What is your favorite feature request?

Zipped downloading of galleries, including the small, medium and large
8%
Let user know if he is in someone else's favourite artist list.
14%
Automated and user defined watermark text added to 'original version
10%
Trace the source of direct links to images.
26%
Slideshow feature for galleries.
9%
Subdomains instead of subdirectories for paid members.
4%
Ability to let a viewer order prints of photos.
15%
Permit row breaks in the galleries or "column wise" orientation
1%
more ways to have control over our picture/thumbnail display size.
11%
allow more poll options to be posted in polls
2%

Total votes : 586

klopus

Re: APIs

Post Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:10 am

lurk wrote:I mean really no APIs?

I 2nd this.

reimar

Re: IPTC support

Post Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:15 am

jevvi wrote:Please add support for this
otherwise it's unusable for any serious photographer

who would want to keyword image in Lightroom or Aperture and then copy paste those into Pbase, when it can be automatically imported

I strongly support this request. It's the only one I have. All my images have captions and keywords when I upload. They are essential for searching. Cutting and pasting text for every image is a MAJOR pain.

scherrer

Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:05 am

I voted for Automated and user defined watermark text added to original version (although I'd rather have watermarks on ALL versions !) because it's getting more and more common for many people to just "grab" images wherever they want and use them to their own profit !

I know that watermarks can be cloned out, but if they are large enough to cover a good part of the image, (beiing meanwile slightly translucent), it will make a bit harder the whole job of cloning it out...

Best regards,
J-P.

camboman

Re: Vote for your favorite feature

Post Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:20 pm

What's the point of voting when pBase doesn't respond to requests ?

akmc_in_au

Post Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:36 pm

camboman wrote:What's the point of voting when pBase doesn't respond to requests ?

Keeps us off the streets. :D

(Hmm, actually {eying recently under-utilised camera gear}, that may be a bad thing.)

kleine

Re: Vote for your favorite feature / least fav feature: privacy

Post Tue May 03, 2011 2:49 pm

Warning to all Pbase users: PBase has actually been posting photos to my public profile page which are marked "private" (i.e. are in a password protected gallery or marked as non-public at the gallery level or the image level). This has been the case not only for galleries marked private but for the relevant sub-galleries which should also be private. Pbase has been working with me on this issue for about a week and has still been unable to solve it -- I still have photos of my family and children which are marked private appearing publicly on the web under my name. I urge you all to look into this issue if you care about privacy -- to see which randomly generated photos Pbase puts on your profile (which first requires logging out).

I have used Pbase for many years and am frankly stunned at how unhelpful they have been in solving this problem, and how unapologetic that my private images are splashed all over the internet.

american_imagery

Post Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:01 am

camboman wrote:What's the point of voting when pBase doesn't respond to requests ?

Very true. Only time you hear from them is when they are trying to ward off a mass exodus after each one of their many melt downs. People have been begging for feature additions and updates since I became a member and NaNa! No one ever answers or cares.

davekitson

Post Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:21 pm

american_imagery wrote:

Very true. Only time you hear from them is when they are trying to ward off a mass exodus after each one of their many melt downs. People have been begging for feature additions and updates since I became a member and NaNa! No one ever answers or cares.

I'm a longtime PBase user and have been hanging in for a long time now waiting for a Lightroom Upload plugin (partly due to inertia, partly believing the hints that such functionality would become available).

More in sorrow than in anger I've come to the belief that it isn't going to happen, and I will allow my subscription to lapse when it runs out in 2 months time. I'm currently examining alternatives, there are quite a few with such a tool available.

dave k

heez10

Re:

Post Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:35 am

steveprice wrote:You left one out:

"Leave things as they are."

I agree!

business_headshots_team

Post Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:20 am

Hello! I found it very tough to figure our how to post as a new user. Apparently I just needed to purchase a subscription, but having a button that said "Only Paid Users Can Post" would have been helpful.

Dan

---

https://www.headshots-inc.com

austenhunterphoto

Post Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:52 am

Hoping for a notification that let's people know only paid users can post in the forum!

-----
Austen
https://www.austenhunter.com/
Portrait & Headshot Photographer, view my work here: https://www.austenhunter.com/

Learn Photography with me at https://www.learn.austenhunter.com/

Previous

Board index PBase Feature Requests Vote for your favorite feature