Board index PBase Feature Requests Online photo gallery comparison

Feature Requests

Online photo gallery comparison

Request changes or modifications.
hk_traveller

Post Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:27 am

srijith wrote:Couple of points:

- "Photo download by batch/ZIP" - What exactly do you want this feature to do.. I am confused as to how this is different from "Zip file upload (multiple photos)"

- "Photo handling e.g. rotate, resize, move, etc" - Pbase lets you rotate photos.

Hi Srijith,

photo download by zip means that you can download a whole folder of photos and zipped. I found that only fotopic.net provides this feature and I guess the function is used to help photo owners to reorganize his photo more easily.

For photo handling, I will correct the case for pbase.com. In fact I also classify the photo sizing as an unique feature for pbase.com.

Thanks!

srijith

Post Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:32 am

Me bad.. I have no idea why I read: "Photo download by batch/ZIP" as "Photo upload by batch/ZIP". All clear now!

Also, you might want to include one of Pbase.com's biggest attractions -> ability to use CSS to change the layout. I guess a lot of people are attracted by this. This is one reason why I personally went for pbase in the first instant. Agreed you need to know CSS to tweak, but at the least you can play with existing templates.

hk_traveller

Post Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:38 am

srijith wrote:Me bad.. I have no idea why I read: "Photo download by batch/ZIP" as "Photo upload by batch/ZIP". All clear now!

Also, you might want to include one of Pbase.com's biggest attractions -> ability to use CSS to change the layout. I guess a lot of people are attracted by this. This is one reason why I personally went for pbase in the first instant. Agreed you need to know CSS to tweak, but at the least you can play with existing templates.

Hi Srijith,

Nevermind, somethings I also overlook somethings.

I also found that you have a beta upload tool for pbase.com. I suggest you may also check the Java based uploader tool provided by fotop.net which almost do the same thing as you. I guess the tool can in fact be applied for all Gallery based sites (fotop.net is based on the php based gallery package called Gallery. version 2 is in beta now).

shecodes

Post Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:26 pm

Nevermind, somethings I also overlook somethings.

I also found that you have a beta upload tool for pbase.com. I suggest you may also check the Java based uploader tool provided by fotop.net which almost do the same thing as you. I guess the tool can in fact be applied for all Gallery based sites (fotop.net is based on the php based gallery package called Gallery. version 2 is in beta now).

Smugmug has the ability to upload entire directories at once. I use the zip functionality here at PBase when I need to upload more than one picture at a time. But occasionally I'd like the ability to pick a directory to upload. :)

shecodes

Post Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:35 pm

hk_traveller wrote:
msephton wrote:Have you anything to do with fotop?

matt

Yes, I am one of the users of http://www.fotop.net. In fact I joined all the services mentioned in the comparison table to compare the features of these services.

The comparison table is just updated to reflect some recent changes in these services. Also http://www.bytephoto.com is also added. The services owner Paul is quite nice.

http://www.tonyleung.com/gallery.htm

I am glad to compare more online photo services so as to allow users to understand more. If someone knows about other comprehensive service providers, please let me know.

You don't cover SmugMug in your comparison.

Also, PBase does allow moving and rotating pictures.

Your chart has the wrong link for bytephoto.com. :)

hk_traveller

Post Thu Dec 25, 2003 3:57 am

shecodes wrote:You don't cover SmugMug in your comparison.

Also, PBase does allow moving and rotating pictures.

Your chart has the wrong link for bytephoto.com. :)

Hi Sue,

I corrected the wrong link. Thanks!

I will check the details of Smugmug later.

dcortesi

multi-level albums?

Post Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:54 pm

You have "yes" for multi-level albums at pbase - how do you figure? I don't see any way to make a nested or hierarchical album structure here. I had marked in my mind as a missing feature...?

thresholdprod

Post Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:01 pm

its there, you just need to go in to the gallery, click on edit, then find the text box to create new gallery, uncheck create at root level , eneter name and go.

you can also move galleries into other galleries

Previous

Board index PBase Feature Requests Online photo gallery comparison