Board index PBase Feature Requests Amount of text allowed at top of gallery

Feature Requests

Amount of text allowed at top of gallery

Request changes or modifications.
clickaway

Amount of text allowed at top of gallery

Post Sat Oct 25, 2003 12:43 am

Hi slug

I'm one of the 'Photo-a-Day' people, and like most of our number, like to show links to others doing something similar. We do this in the space allowed at the beginning of each gallery. But this is limited and I'm no longer able to link to the more recent photographers who have joined our little 'club', as only so much text is allowed in this area. Therefore, people have invented other methods such as creating a separate gallery with each jpeg linking to another 'member' and also linking via the comments area.
Is there a possibility you could enlarge the text allowed at the top of the gallery? Those that have found other methods to get around the problem may actually be taken more space on your server than had otherwise been the case.
Thanks

Ray

lapala

I too

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:11 pm

I agree 100%

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:26 am

this should be fixed now.

the previous limit (2048 characters) wasn't an attempt to save any server space, but a limit of the database structure.
but now we've redone the way things are stored to avoid that limit.

sorry it took so long to do.

-slug

goislands

Post Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:09 pm

Thanks from as well!! :D This was one of the issues which
I also reported to support@pbase a few times over the years...

What is than the new limit, or there is none?

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:23 pm

it's now arbitrarily limited to 32Kbytes

with the new way of storing it though, it would be trivial to increase the limit to 2GB

but if anyone needs more than 32K in the gallery description, they probably have a requirement that needs a better solution.

some people are still using 56k modems, which would probably take 6+ seconds to download 32K.

-slug

Board index PBase Feature Requests Amount of text allowed at top of gallery