stefanbruckel

Password Protecting a Gallary

Post Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:56 am

How to I password protect a gallary?

:?:

wolfe

Re: Password Protecting a Gallary

Post Mon Jul 21, 2003 4:59 am

stefanbruckel wrote:How to I password protect a gallary?

:?:

If you have set your galleries not to be view by public, then the viewer needs to have the full URL address in order to reach the gallery.

stefanbruckel

So, then, there is no way to PW protect images, correct?

Post Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:40 pm

Thank you for your response... if I understand correctly, if I make my gallary non-public, people won't know where to find it. But anyone who does have the full URL will have access.

I suppose that makes some sense... but I think some viewers might still be more comfortable with true PW protection. For example, I shot the soccer team with kids this weekend for a friend. I want to make these images available on the internet. I see no legal reason not to, as these images were taken in public. However, I could understand some parents NOT wanting their kids images displayed on the internet available to more or less everyone and might feel more secure with a userID/PW feature. I would think it would be easy to implement such a feature - any idea why it is not available?

Thanks for your comment.

uncfleece

Post Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:15 pm

Password protected galleries will be the next large feature added to pbase--just keep an eye out for it! There will be an announcement on the main page when it's public.

-elise
Elise London
Technical Consultant
elise@pbase.com

stefanbruckel

Thank you, Elise...

Post Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:17 pm

... obviously there are all kinds of additional features you can incorporate in order to make your tool more effective and hence add value to existing and new customers... I wish you continued success and look forward to watching as you expand the capabilities. You are obviously growing by leaps and bounds, so hopefully you will be able to add features as resources permit. Good luck!

wadeja

Post Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:45 am

About passwords Elise (from a newbie): Do you have a date when this feature (& maybe a list of other features?) might be available? Not pushing; just asking. Will help me make a decision about what / how much to place on PBase.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Password Protecting a Gallary