Board index PBase Questions and Answers And the weirdness keeps on coming ("unread" messages)

Questions and Answers

And the weirdness keeps on coming ("unread" messages)

Ask if you need help using PBase.
akmc_in_au

And the weirdness keeps on coming ("unread" messages)

Post Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:53 pm

I don't know whether anyone else has experienced this recently but this morning I went to check my home page. I had two "unread" messages. Hmm, interesting, I haven't posted anything recent and haven't had time to leave many comments recently, so I wonder what those could be.

I open up the message list. No new messages.

I scroll back, and back, and back, and back, and... 2017, someone sent me a "Thank you" about a comment that I had left on one of their images. Yes, they sent it (and I read it) 6 years ago.

I keep scrolling back, and back, and back... Ah, a general discussion with another member about some photographic subjects... from 2012. Which I do recall reading, 11 years ago.

So, why these, and only these, have suddenly been marked as "unread"? I have no idea.

dw_thomas

Re: And the weirdness keeps on coming ("unread" messages)

Post Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:41 pm

Hmmm -- I seem to recall there was a recent solar storm. :shock:
DaveT

clickaway

Post Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:20 pm

I got that too, except mine says minus 1 !

ray

clickaway

Post Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:12 am

I'm still being notified of an incorrect number of unread messages. This morning it said I had none, but there was one unread one there. PBase sometimes tells me I have a negative number of unread messages, which is clearly nonsense.

Can this at last be fixed please?

Ray

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:43 pm

Hi,

We've made some changes to improve the accuracy of the unread message count and help track down why it is sometimes wrong.

Thanks,
Emily

Board index PBase Questions and Answers And the weirdness keeps on coming ("unread" messages)