Board index PBase Questions and Answers Updating mail account fails due to format error

Questions and Answers

Updating mail account fails due to format error

Ask if you need help using PBase.
ianm_au

Updating mail account fails due to format error

Post Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:19 am

Hi,
I am in the process of updating my wife's base account to another valid email address because the website she uses is closing it mail system.
Phase does not accept her account, keeps showing format errors fro valid working email account.
Please fix
Ian

akmc_in_au

Re: Updating mail account fails due to format error

Post Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:20 pm

ianm_au wrote:Hi,
I am in the process of updating my wife's base account to another valid email address because the website she uses is closing it mail system.
Phase does not accept her account, keeps showing format errors fro valid working email account.
Please fix
Ian

Are you absolutely sure that you are entering the new address correctly? Normally I wouldn't ask that (and I'm not having a dig at you), but you DO have four typos in the above post so it's worth double checking that you are entering a valid address with no extraneous characters (including spaces).

Also, "Please fix" won't work. The owners do sometimes make an appearance in here, but the overwhelming majority of the time this forum is just a peer-to-peer support one. To contact the owners/administrators, there is a [Customer Support] button on the Help Page which will generate an e-mail to the address help@pbase.com. You could probably send an e-mail directly to that address as well, and if you did so I'd recommend doing it from your wife's new e-mail address so that they can see the address for themselves.

All that said... I don't want to get your hopes up. One of the more... shall we say, "challenging"... aspects of being on PBase is that the owners can't seem to decide whether they want to run the thing or not. Thus, every 2 to 3 years you'll see an annoucement in the News forum about, say, thumbnail sizes having caught up to where most of the Internet was in 2012 and how Big! Things! Are! Coming!, then nothing further is heard from them for 2 to 3 years. Similarly "support", such as it is, is incredibly variable. Depending on the level of enthusiasm at the time, you may get a reply more or less quickly, or you may be rudely ignored for weeks, possibly months.

That's why if you can rely on self service you should... and my recommendation is that the first step is that you copy the e-mail address from a message header and paste it in. If it's still rejecting, send the e-mail to the Help address... and I wish you luck.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Updating mail account fails due to format error