Board index PBase Questions and Answers Spamming 'Recent Uploads' with one-pic-galleries

Questions and Answers

Spamming 'Recent Uploads' with one-pic-galleries

Ask if you need help using PBase.
rob_lego

Spamming 'Recent Uploads' with one-pic-galleries

Post Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:49 pm

Is it possible to do something about the spamming of the 'Recent Uploads' overview with so-called one-photo galleries, i.e. galleries containing only one image, without any intention of turning these into a regular gallery?

akmc_in_au

Re: Spamming 'Recent Uploads' with one-pic-galleries

Post Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:56 am

rob_lego wrote:Is it possible to do something about the spamming of the 'Recent Uploads' overview with so-called one-photo galleries, i.e. galleries containing only one image, without any intention of turning these into a regular gallery?

I don't think there is any built in way to do it so it may be better in the Feature Requests sub-forum.

I don't fancy our chances of such a change but I'd certainly second it. "616 galleries and 724 images online" is just spamming the galleries page for mine. Also, the photo captions are all just keyword spamming. I wonder how disappointed they'll be when or if they find out that Google has indexed barely any photos on PBase for years now?

Either/Or, I'd like the ability to blacklist users to filter them out of the gallery listing. (Your account blacklist doesn't do that. It has no impact on the gallery listings.) That would get rid of the advertising gallery spammers, as well as those who think that every photo of a bug deserves its own gallery.

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:53 pm

Hi,

If you see someone abusing the recent galleries, please email support@pbase.com and include the URL of the recent galleries page and a URL of the abuser.
Once we have the information, we can take a look at it and fix anything that needs to be fixed. A screenshot could also be helpful.

Thanks,
Emily

rob_lego

Post Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:23 pm

emily wrote:Hi,

If you see someone abusing the recent galleries, please email support@pbase.com and include the URL of the recent galleries page and a URL of the abuser.
Once we have the information, we can take a look at it and fix anything that needs to be fixed. A screenshot could also be helpful.

Thanks,
Emily

Done.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Spamming 'Recent Uploads' with one-pic-galleries