Board index PBase Questions and Answers unwanted comments

Questions and Answers

unwanted comments

Ask if you need help using PBase.
globalgadabout

unwanted comments

Post Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:46 am

How do I block a non-member?
Comments arrive daily on one image that are sent by various individuals all at website j9korea.com. They consist of brief, silly proverbs in English, followed by many lines in Korean characters, and are clogging up my comments page. So I would like to block them.
How do I do that?

nitroimage

Re: unwanted comments

Post Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:05 am

Yup, same here. I don't think there is any way to block these sadly. I am deleting these daily.

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:55 pm

Hi,
You should see an improvement in this. If you have more problems, just email support@pbase.com and we'll see what we can do.
Thanks,
Emily

globalgadabout

Post Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:05 pm

Thanks Nitro, as it is somewhat comforting to know that others also have the same problem.
Thanks Emily, glad to learn you know of the issue and are dealing with it.

akmc_in_au

Post Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:25 pm

globalgadabout wrote:How do I block a non-member?
Comments arrive daily on one image that are sent by various individuals all at website j9korea.com.

I got a few of those. However I have my comment option ( https://pbase.com/account?view=options ) set to "Show Comments Only From Paid PBase Accounts". It doesn't stop them from posting them but it stops them from appearing unless I manually approve them. Presumably they got frustrated at the comments not appearing because they stopped leaving them on my account within a day or two. Of course, I'm glad to see that PBase is tackling the issue at the source, which is even better.

nitroimage

Post Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:17 am

Thanks Alan.I had forgotten about that setting in Advanced Gallery Settings. Thanks too Emily!

Board index PBase Questions and Answers unwanted comments