Board index PBase Questions and Answers Difficulty selecting text so I can translate it

Questions and Answers

Difficulty selecting text so I can translate it

Ask if you need help using PBase.
isabel95

Difficulty selecting text so I can translate it

Post Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:48 pm

When I try to select text on a pbase page I can only select a few letters. I cannot select a whole sentence or paragraph. Here's an example: https://pbase.com/image/171691037/original
How can I make a full selection? I am using Firefox 89, but the same problem existed with previous versions of Firefox. I do not have a problem highlighting with the Chrome browser.

reticulatus

Re: Difficulty selecting text so I can translate it

Post Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:27 pm

isabel95 wrote:When I try to select text on a pbase page I can only select a few letters. I cannot select a whole sentence or paragraph. Here's an example: https://pbase.com/image/171691037/original
How can I make a full selection? I am using Firefox 89, but the same problem existed with previous versions of Firefox. I do not have a problem highlighting with the Chrome browser.

I get the same problem using Firefox. As a work-around, I do the following:

Click at the end of the line I want to select.
    Hold down the Shift key and press the Home key - this selects the whole line for me.
    If I want to select more lines above, I keep holding the Shift key, and use the Up arrow key to extend the selection.

Edit: an alternative technique: hold down the Ctrl key and click anywhere in the comment. A box will be displayed around the comment (because it is in a table cell). Then press Ctrl+C, or right-click and select 'Copy' from the context menu. You should now be able to paste the comment where you want it.

isabel95

Re: Difficulty selecting text so I can translate it

Post Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:33 pm

Click at the end of the line I want to select.
    Hold down the Shift key and press the Home key - this selects the whole line for me.
    If I want to select more lines above, I keep holding the Shift key, and use the Up arrow key to extend the selection.

Thanks! That worked for me.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Difficulty selecting text so I can translate it