Board index PBase Questions and Answers Is there any way to disable the "recent" gallery?

Questions and Answers

Is there any way to disable the "recent" gallery?

Ask if you need help using PBase.
bo_z

Is there any way to disable the "recent" gallery?

Post Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:19 pm

Is there any way to disable the "recent" gallery and keep pictures from appearing in "Recent Uploads"? Thanks.

kennethb

Re: Is there any way to disable the "recent" gallery?

Post Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:56 pm

Try this:
1. Log in and display the gallery you wish to disable.
2. At top left click on "Edit this gallery"
3. When new window opens, go to "Gallery Security"
4. In the Gallery Security window, see "Public Gallery"
5. Un-check "This gallery can be seen by anyone"

This should make the gallery unviewable by anyone but yourself.
I hope this helped.
Ken

bo_z

Post Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:25 pm

Thanks, Ken. However, the "Recent" gallery is generated by PBase. It is not in my gallery list. To see it, click on your profile. It is on the top line, last on the right. I believe it is used to feed the "Recent Uploads" tab on PBase. That is what I would like to disable.

richo

Post Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:00 pm

bo_z wrote:Thanks, Ken. However, the "Recent" gallery is generated by PBase. It is not in my gallery list. To see it, click on your profile. It is on the top line, last on the right. I believe it is used to feed the "Recent Uploads" tab on PBase. That is what I would like to disable.

But if you follow Ken's steps you will make any gallery non public which should keep it from showing up in the Recent which works only for public galleries.

akmc_in_au

Post Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:04 am

richo wrote:
bo_z wrote:Thanks, Ken. However, the "Recent" gallery is generated by PBase. It is not in my gallery list. To see it, click on your profile. It is on the top line, last on the right. I believe it is used to feed the "Recent Uploads" tab on PBase. That is what I would like to disable.

But if you follow Ken's steps you will make any gallery non public which should keep it from showing up in the Recent which works only for public galleries.

bo_z is not talking about making their galleries non-public. Look at your profile page. Look on the line just below the standard PBase links. You will see 4 links.
RichO | profile | guestbook | all galleries | recent

From the description above, it is the last of these, the link to the Recent Galleries view, that bo_z is talking about disabling.

bo_z wrote:I believe it is used to feed the "Recent Uploads" tab on PBase. That is what I would like to disable.

There is no menu option to do it as far as I'm aware. I suspect that it MAY be possible to hide the link via CSS, but the truth is that I don't know the PBase CSS well enough to know how at this point. IF it is possible and IF Marisa (who is the closest there is to a PBase CSS wizard) is around to read this, you may get lucky.

Also it would need to be done not just on your profile page, but on some gallery pages as well. On top of which, even if the link is disabled there would be nothing to stop someone from going directly to the URL of https://pbase.com/{PBaseUserName}/root&view=recent, because there certainly isn't a menu based way to turn off the Recent Galleries view itself. You'd need to request an enhancement from PBase to do that, but I doubt that it would get any traction. I can understand why you may want this (you seem to have put some work into organising your galleries structure and presumably don't want people to bypass that), but I'd be surprised if there was a huge demand for it overall. (And even if there was... well, this IS PBase, so...)

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Is there any way to disable the "recent" gallery?