Board index PBase Questions and Answers Lens List

Questions and Answers

Lens List

Ask if you need help using PBase.
mbaumser

Lens List

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:36 pm

Why has the Canon EF 50 f/1.8 STM never been added to the lens list?

akmc_in_au

Re: Lens List

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:45 pm

mbaumser wrote:Why has the Canon EF 50 f/1.8 STM never been added to the lens list?

Maybe nobody has asked.

From the help page:
How do I add cameras or lenses to the database?
If the camera database at http://www.pbase.com/cameras is missing something, please send an email to cameras@pbase.com and we'll add it as soon as we can.

If you have photos of the actual cameras you would like to contribute, we'd love to have them.
You could either email them as attachments to cameras@pbase.com or if you already have them on PBase, let us know which gallery they are in.

If you want your photos to show up as samples taken with a camera or lens, just set the camera or lens type by editing the image. Then the next time the camera sample database updates, your photos should be listed.

Eventually we hope to make the camera database more easily editable by anyone. So that you can add information about or photos of the cameras yourself.

Note that you may need to be a bit persistent about it. It's rarely added on a first request. It's been a while since I've requested that a new lens be added, but I HAVE had them added. (But equally I won't be surprised if someone else pops in and says "Well I've been asking for the XYZ lens to be added for the last {mumble} months and I haven't even got an acknowledgement!" I can only speak to my own experience, which is that chasing it up will get the lens there eventually.)

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Lens List