Board index PBase Questions and Answers Photos not uploading normally

Questions and Answers

Photos not uploading normally

Ask if you need help using PBase.
laroseforest

Photos not uploading normally

Post Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:42 pm

For the last hour a photo I added has not uploaded, instead there is a box with the message "creating thumbnails". Now I see at least a half dozen other sites of other PBase members are showing the same message. Any ideas? The image seems to be stuck in the "Creating thumbnail" mode!

rotalbar

Re: Photos not uploading normally

Post Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:31 pm

It happens the same to me

staggerwing

Post Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:48 pm

Same here.. started Sunday Aug 2, 2020

akmc_in_au

Post Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:47 pm

Yes, I've been getting it for the last few hours. The last three of my "favourites" and all 4 of the most recent PAD entries on my home page show the "Uploading Thumbnails" box. None of these appear when I look at the PAD galleries list, though; the last one there was uploaded about 4 hours and 20 minutes ago.

akmc_in_au

Post Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:51 pm

akmc_in_au wrote:Yes, I've been getting it for the last few hours. The last three of my "favourites" and all 4 of the most recent PAD entries on my home page show the "Uploading Thumbnails" box. None of these appear when I look at the PAD galleries list, though; the last one there was uploaded about 4 hours and 20 minutes ago.

I've just raised a support ticket for it pointing back to this thread; we'll see what happens.

helenpb

Post Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:19 pm

This happens from time to time, but I've never seen it last for this many hours. Glad I looked at my Favorites page before uploading a new picture because there are quite a few people who have the "Creating thumbnails" sign where there should be a newly uploaded image.
Last edited by helenpb on Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

bo_z

Post Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:52 pm

Ditto - cannot load anything - stuck in "uploading thumbnails".

laroseforest

Post Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:17 am

I just sent an email to PBase, and hoping they might be able to straighten this out. I see more and more Pbaser photos on my Contacts page also stuck in this mode. It has been some hours now. Hope PBase can fix it!

mccartney

Post Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:37 am

Just sent an email to Emily as well.
Barry McCartney Photography - http://www.pbase.com/mccartney

gailmarc

Post Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:48 am

This is still happening to me - uploads stuck in "Creating thumbnail" . Is everyone else in the same boat?

I've sent an email to PBase but no reply.

tazman0895

Post Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:02 am

Yep, still doing it.

jimcb

Post Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:58 am

laroseforest wrote:For the last hour a photo I added has not uploaded, instead there is a box with the message "creating thumbnails". Now I see at least a half dozen other sites of other PBase members are showing the same message. Any ideas? The image seems to be stuck in the "Creating thumbnail" mode!

Same here! :(

akmc_in_au

Post Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:59 am

Interestingly the PAD galleries seem to be badly broken; there is at the time of writing only 5 shots in total for all PAD galleries. Whether this is something new, or something that just got broken on the way to things being fixed, only time will tell.

(Edit: Make that 4, now.)

akmc_in_au

Post Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:02 am

Aaand it looks like we're back. I can see all of the photos that were uploaded earlier today now.

laroseforest

Post Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:20 pm

Everything is back working now. Thanks, Emily!

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Photos not uploading normally