Board index PBase Questions and Answers Can we embed an mp3 audio from from dropbox?

Questions and Answers

Can we embed an mp3 audio from from dropbox?

Ask if you need help using PBase.
isabel95

Can we embed an mp3 audio from from dropbox?

Post Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:25 am

I've been paying Yahoo for storage for years and barely use any of it - just so I can embed sound files under some of my images.

I would like to be able to embed files from dropbox so I can get rid of the Yahoo fees.

Is that possible?

richo

Re: Can we embed an mp3 audio from from dropbox?

Post Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:58 pm

isabel95 wrote:I've been paying Yahoo for storage for years and barely use any of it - just so I can embed sound files under some of my images.

I would like to be able to embed files from dropbox so I can get rid of the Yahoo fees.

Is that possible?

Have you tried? That's what I do...I just set up a test. I don't use dropbox but I would check to see if their public option would allow embedding or direct linking.

isabel95

Re: Can we embed an mp3 audio from from dropbox?

Post Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:51 pm

I did respond but I don't see my answer posted so here goes again...

I Googled how to embed a dropbox shareable link and found I had to change dl=0 to raw=1 after the ? of the Dropbox shareable mp3 file link.

Here's the code I used.

<audio controls autoplay>
<source src="https://www.dropbox.com/s/0mvgjx1dbmxmj9l/vintage2.mp3?raw=1" type="audio/mpeg">
</audio>

Only problem is that even though autoplay is specified you have to click on the arrow of the player to get the sound to play.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Can we embed an mp3 audio from from dropbox?