Board index PBase Questions and Answers Increase thumbnail size?

Questions and Answers

Increase thumbnail size?

Ask if you need help using PBase.
ray_t

Increase thumbnail size?

Post Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:10 pm

The thumbnails on my display are tiny, about 3/4" x 1-1/4". I can't find any way to increase the size of them. I found some 7-9 year old forum threads asking for this capability but there didn't seem to be a clear answer. Is there a way to increase the size of the thumbnails?

-Ray

richo

Re: Increase thumbnail size?

Post Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:42 pm

ray_t wrote:The thumbnails on my display are tiny, about 3/4" x 1-1/4". I can't find any way to increase the size of them. I found some 7-9 year old forum threads asking for this capability but there didn't seem to be a clear answer. Is there a way to increase the size of the thumbnails?

-Ray

I think since the sizes are autogenerated the only thing you can try is to upload a larger size then the smallest size should be the max for that size. The help doc says the large size max is 800 pixels on a size. The small size (thumbnail) is no larger than 160 pixels on a side. Right click on one of your thumbnails, click properties and check the pixel size. FYI...inches do not related to any display as that will vary depending on th device....always use pixels wide by pixels high to describe a size...example one of my thumbnails is 160 px by 114 px.

ray_t

Post Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:10 pm

Richo,

I've already uploaded the largest images allowed, 800 pixels on longest side. Yes the thumb nails are auto generated by base when we upload the images but it would be great if there was a way to regenerate larger thumbnails.

The dimensions I gave were just meant to illustrate how small and nearly useless these thumbnails are on MY display, and nothing to do with the pixel size of the image or even thumbnails. On my MacBook I could fit 10 columns of these tiny thumbnails with a full screen browser window.

The current thumbnail size is pretty pathetic for modern high resolution screens, people on the pbase forum were complaining about this even 8 years ago. I've been a member for over 15 years and love the basic layout and much of what phase offers but some of the limitations and lack of improvement is very frustrating.

-Ray

richo

Post Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:19 am

ray_t wrote:Richo,

I've already uploaded the largest images allowed, 800 pixels on longest side. Yes the thumb nails are auto generated by base when we upload the images but it would be great if there was a way to regenerate larger thumbnails.

The dimensions I gave were just meant to illustrate how small and nearly useless these thumbnails are on MY display, and nothing to do with the pixel size of the image or even thumbnails. On my MacBook I could fit 10 columns of these tiny thumbnails with a full screen browser window.

The current thumbnail size is pretty pathetic for modern high resolution screens, people on the pbase forum were complaining about this even 8 years ago. I've been a member for over 15 years and love the basic layout and much of what phase offers but some of the limitations and lack of improvement is very frustrating.

-Ray

Ray,
I don't work for Pbase, so I can't speak for them. I've been a paying member before payment was required. I just use Pbase as a place to store and link to images. I was also selling prints until recently. As of today, I haven't found a better place to go for $23 a year. As to your request, I can only suggest sending an email to support@pbase.com. Good luck with that...it has been hit or miss for response. Posting here and expecting a response has even less success.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Increase thumbnail size?