Board index PBase Questions and Answers Lens Database

Questions and Answers

Lens Database

Ask if you need help using PBase.
gordg3
 
Posts: 42

Lens Database

Post Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:01 pm


Please add new lens - Sigma 60-600mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM | S

dw_thomas
 
Posts: 462

Re: Lens Database

Post Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:22 pm


gordg3 wrote:Please add new lens - Sigma 60-600mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM | S


Have you sent your request to cameras@pbase.com? That is the "official" way to get one added. That said, experience suggests response tends to be very hit or miss.
DaveT

richo
 
Posts: 218

Re: Lens Database

Post Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:53 pm


gordg3 wrote:Please add new lens - Sigma 60-600mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM | S

I agree with DaveT, there is no evidence that the owners regularly monitor these forums. In fact, aside from their appearance earlier this year, there is little evidence they still exist. That said, you can add the camera information manually and if you use the old full edit option you can do this in bulk to many images at once.

akmc_in_au
 
Posts: 914

Re: Lens Database

Post Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:44 am


richo wrote:
gordg3 wrote:Please add new lens - Sigma 60-600mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM | S

you can add the camera information manually and if you use the old full edit option you can do this in bulk to many images at once.


{Scratches head...} Why are you limiting that to the old full edit page? You can shift and/or control click on a sequence of images in the new(er) editor, click the "Edit Image" link (which changes to "Edit Images" when multiple images are selected) and you'll be taken to the edit page which will be titled "Batch Update Selected Images".

dw_thomas
 
Posts: 462

Re: Lens Database

Post Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:52 pm


My two cents -- OK -- it's not life altering, but what I dislike about adding camera and lens data manually is that as far as I know (a few micrometers), it doesn't show in the database, therefore is not searchable through the fancy camera museum facilities. There -- now it can keep You Guys awake at night ... :shock:

I do add "50mm f/3.5 Coated Cintar" to my Argus C-3 postings manually. Technically that camera has interchangeable lenses, but the use ratio is probably a million to one in favor of that stock lens.

DaveT

akmc_in_au
 
Posts: 914

Re: Lens Database

Post Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:43 am


dw_thomas wrote:My two cents -- OK -- it's not life altering, but what I dislike about adding camera and lens data manually is that as far as I know (a few micrometers), it doesn't show in the database, therefore is not searchable through the fancy camera museum facilities.


That's correct; and worse anyone who is searching for example shots can't do a search for it either. I had this problem when I bought my Oly 40-150 pro, which was then a new lens. Thankfully PBase added it relatively rapidly and I was able to do a bulk update to replace the manual entry with the database entry. You just have to keep nagging the support address until they do it.

gordg3
 
Posts: 42

Re: Lens Database

Post Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:04 am


Tried customer support with no response. I just sent to cameras@.

akmc_in_au
 
Posts: 914

Re: Lens Database

Post Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:32 am


gordg3 wrote:Tried customer support with no response. I just sent to cameras@.


In my experience you'll rarely get an actual response; I just keep sending regular "Hey, about this request from last week / 2 weeks / 3 weeks ago " etc follow ups and then bam, suddenly it appears as if it was always there.

sfbay_sail
 
Posts: 16

Re: Lens Database

Post Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:49 am


akmc_in_au wrote:
gordg3 wrote:Tried customer support with no response. I just sent to cameras@.


In my experience you'll rarely get an actual response; I just keep sending regular "Hey, about this request from last week / 2 weeks / 3 weeks ago " etc follow ups and then bam, suddenly it appears as if it was always there.

Aha, like the 2016 introduced EF 70-300 II:
https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/details/lenses/ef/telephoto-zoom/ef-70-300mm-f-4-5-6-is-ii-usm
Ask for it 2016, ask 2017, ask 2018, ask 2019, here in the forum, via support@pbase.com, via cameras@pbase.com and than bam... Still nothing! Only bitter humor helps here.

richo
 
Posts: 218

Re: Lens Database

Post Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:22 pm


akmc_in_au wrote:
richo wrote:
gordg3 wrote:Please add new lens - Sigma 60-600mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM | S

you can add the camera information manually and if you use the old full edit option you can do this in bulk to many images at once.


{Scratches head...} Why are you limiting that to the old full edit page? You can shift and/or control click on a sequence of images in the new(er) editor, click the "Edit Image" link (which changes to "Edit Images" when multiple images are selected) and you'll be taken to the edit page which will be titled "Batch Update Selected Images".


My head itches at too... :)
I use the full edit all the time. It has been my experience over the past 17 years that the "new" stuff that is offered often breaks or has something that does not work, so I have stuck with the "old full edit." That is not to say there are aren't other ways, I just do not know them as well as the full edit. Remember when the batch uploader using the "zip file" approach stopped working? Well, in full edit, I just switched to using the "upload tab" and entered images in manually one by one. It was easier than trying to "kick the bear" into responding while it seems to be hibernating. :) For the $23 a year, I just use Pbase as a place to post and then link the images into various pages on my website and in Facebook. All that said, it would be nice for the "revamp" that started this year to continue and have all these other issues fixed, but I am not holding my breath for that. ;)

gordg3
 
Posts: 42

Re: Lens Database

Post Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:09 pm


Lens has been added. Thanks.

sfbay_sail
 
Posts: 16

Re: Lens Database

Post Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:34 am


gordg3 wrote:Lens has been added. Thanks.

Nope, I still do not see it. Its maybe a confusion with the very old Canon 75-300 II?

gordg3
 
Posts: 42

Re: Lens Database

Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:33 pm


sfbay_sail wrote:
gordg3 wrote:Lens has been added. Thanks.

Nope, I still do not see it. Its maybe a confusion with the very old Canon 75-300 II?

Sorry, I meant the Sigma 60-600 was added.


Board index PBase Questions and Answers Lens Database

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests