Board index PBase Questions and Answers Problem with the orientation of my pictures

Questions and Answers

Problem with the orientation of my pictures

Ask if you need help using PBase.
reticulatus

Re: Problem with the orientation of my pictures

Post Wed May 06, 2020 2:29 pm

hanswortel wrote:I only see this problem in Chrome ( on my desktop and telephone). In other browser this looks fine (Internet Explorer, firefox and samsung browser on phone). Some problem with stylesheets in Chrome ?

Yes, I'm also seeing strange results with Chrome on Tablet (and Chromium on Linux).

I looked at one of the OP's photos: https://pbase.com/robertjoosten/image/170609975

In most browsers (incl. Firefox) the two buildings are on the left and right and the image has a landscape aspect ratio.

In Chrome, the buildings are at top and bottom. Both the thumbnail and single images are affected.

Even weirder in Chrome, the image sometimes has a landscape aspect ratio, but when I refresh the page it changes to portrait aspect ratio; all the time with the buildings at the top and bottom!

hanswortel

Post Wed May 06, 2020 7:07 pm

I have edited the pictures with Photoshop on my Desktop and again uploaded them.Now there are presented correct in Chrome, Firefox ann so on. So do not trust the software on your phone.

rob_lego

Post Thu May 07, 2020 1:31 pm

hanswortel wrote:I only see this problem in Chrome ( on my desktop and telephone). In other browser this looks fine (Internet Explorer, firefox and samsung browser on phone). Some problem with stylesheets in Chrome ?

No, the problem is not browser related. I experience the same issue with Chrome, Safari and I.E.

richo

Post Sat May 16, 2020 12:46 pm

There are two ways to change orientation. 1. Actual manipulation of the bytes in an photo editor or, 2. change the orientation attribute in the exif.
When 2 is used some systems and browsers ignore the EXIF orientation attribute.

See this article..
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... s-or-windo

rob_lego

Post Fri May 22, 2020 2:59 pm

I think a might have found the cause of my picture orientation problem. I have looked at it more closely and it seems that the problem occurs when I used the standard Windows 10 Photo app to crop part of a landschape oriented image into a portrait oriented image. :-(

rob_lego

Post Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:11 pm

rob_lego wrote:I think a might have found the cause of my picture orientation problem. I have looked at it more closely and it seems that the problem occurs when I used the standard Windows 10 Photo app to crop part of a landschape oriented image into a portrait oriented image. :-(

Nope. I have to come back to this. Also photos in portrait format, taken straight that way with my camera result in a wrongly oriented thumbnails. I cannot correct this, whatever I try. :?

rob_lego

Post Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:02 pm

Is there a way to manually change the orientation data of a picture, e.g. in the exif data?

Previous

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Problem with the orientation of my pictures