Board index PBase Questions and Answers Tree View disappeared.

Questions and Answers

Tree View disappeared.

Ask if you need help using PBase.
tgrey

Tree View disappeared.

Post Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:19 pm

Several weeks ago my Tree View was replaced by a single line message: "Tree View is temporarily not available. It will be back soon." It has not come back, and I'd really like to have it restored!

reticulatus

Re: Tree View disappeared.

Post Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:56 pm

As I don't use tree view very often I hadn't noticed that, but mine is also not available.

I wonder what 'soon' equates to in the world of Pbase?

dw_thomas

Post Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:14 pm

Well at the moment the tab is there, but clicking produces a blank background with text:

Tree View is temporarily unavailable. It will be back soon.

I admit I hardly ever use it, but a few times it has been useful.

DaveT

tgrey

Post Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:53 pm

I've used Tree View to build up an elaborate index to my many bird photos; I use it regularly and so do people searching my site, as several of them have told me.

Soon, please!

gtepke

Post Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:59 pm

tgrey wrote:I've used Tree View to build up an elaborate index to my many bird photos; I use it regularly and so do people searching my site, as several of them have told me.

Soon, please!

Me too. People looking for photos of particular species of birds in my galleries rely heavily on tree view. So do I when working on my galleries. Having it unavailable for weeks is not fixing the problem "soon."

Glen

akmc_in_au

Post Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:45 am

Oh wow, Tree View is back.

Well, at the time of writing it is, I make no promises or guarantees that it will be when you look.

I'm not sure whether the "Current Gallery" marker has changed; I don't remember it being that prominent previously. Of course I could be wrong about that; I mostly use the view as a quick form of gallery navigation, so I always look more at where I'm going rather than where I am..

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Tree View disappeared.