Board index PBase Questions and Answers Inbox showing long list of messages from 2005

Questions and Answers

Inbox showing long list of messages from 2005

Ask if you need help using PBase.
isabel95

Inbox showing long list of messages from 2005

Post Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:32 am

Discovered when I went to read 2 unread messages.

Anyone else have this problem?

akmc_in_au

Re: Inbox showing long list of messages from 2005

Post Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:55 pm

isabel95 wrote:Discovered when I went to read 2 unread messages.

Anyone else have this problem?

REAL messages from that time, or just some random nonsense?

If they're real messages it suggests that maybe something has been corrupted in the date settings of those messages, probably when the database move happened. The inbox doesn't allow you to sort or filter by column; it's just most recent first. If the date value of the 2005 messages didn't translate correctly in the move, that could be the result, though that's speculation.

For me the answer is no BUT I didn't join PBase until 2007 which was "only" (sigh, where have they gone?) 12 years ago. The earliest messages still in my inbox are from 2009, and those are still right at the end of the message list.

isabel95

Post Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:14 pm

Real nessages. Just a weird annoyance. Hope this gets fixed soon..

akmc_in_au

Post Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:15 am

isabel95 wrote:Real nessages. Just a weird annoyance. Hope this gets fixed soon..

I think you'll need to send a note to support about it; if it's only affecting messages from 14 years ago or so it's possible that most people including the admins aren't even aware that it's happening. When I took a look to see how far my list went back, the striking feature of the messages from 2009 to the early 2010s was how many then old timers are no longer here. There probably aren't that many members who (a) date back that far and (b) are still active.

(Though I'm now waiting for someone who has been here since 2002, 2003 or whatever to jump in as if I had said "none" rather than "aren't that many".)

Maybe it's just the PBase software's way of cultivating nostalgia. My now "old" 40D hadn't even been built then.

halinhi

Post Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:31 pm

Had to jump in where I normally won't... member since 2001 :D
Yes, there have been bumps in the road, quite a few of them in fact.
But after trying many other photo sites, I still much prefer PBase over them.

Hal

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Inbox showing long list of messages from 2005