Board index PBase Questions and Answers "Recompress Originals" not working correctly after HW change

Questions and Answers

"Recompress Originals" not working correctly after HW change

Ask if you need help using PBase.
kujoseph

"Recompress Originals" not working correctly after HW change

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:20 am

The SW now seems to generate pixel levels that make the pictures generally look darker. The other sizes of the picture that are generated by the Pbase SW look OK, and the original size also looks OK without recompression.

I noticed something like this reported in the original "News" thread. The problem does not seem to be with the colorspace of the original picture.

Kuriacose

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: "Recompress Originals" not working correctly after HW change

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:06 pm

Thanks for the extra info, Kuriacose. We will check it out and see what is going on.
-Emily

kujoseph

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:09 am

Emily,
Just so you know, the logic for knowing if an image has been recompressed, and invoking the function to do so, has not worked correctly in all circumstances with the new editor in the past. The new editor could actually show an incorrect state. My workaround has been to use the older editor in cases where I have needed to call this function after the initial download. The older editor seems to be more accurate for tracking.
Kuriaacose

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:33 pm

Kuriaacose,
Thanks for the info. I will check this out as well.
-Emily

kujoseph

Post Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:13 pm

Emily,
Now that some of the more serious issues with the hardware upgrade seem to have be taken care of, what would be the status on addressing the issue with recompression. It has been a while, and I am loathe to experiment since the effect of the function is irreversible.
Kuriacose

Board index PBase Questions and Answers "Recompress Originals" not working correctly after HW change