Board index PBase Questions and Answers I can’t open PBase on my iMac, all other sites are OK

Questions and Answers

I can’t open PBase on my iMac, all other sites are OK

Ask if you need help using PBase.
sleddog

I can’t open PBase on my iMac, all other sites are OK

Post Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:26 pm

PBase won’t open any more on my iMac using Safari or Chrome, other photo sites are. OK, what should I do?

akmc_in_au

Re: I can’t open PBase on my iMac, all other sites are OK

Post Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:26 am

sleddog wrote:PBase won’t open any more on my iMac using Safari or Chrome, other photo sites are. OK, what should I do?

There are way too many unanswered questions for anyone to give you advice of value there.
- Are you on a corporate network or a home one? If it's a corporate network it's possible that PBase has been blocked as not safe for work. (Possibly because of nudes, some of which are artistic, and others of which are as artistic as a gynaecological exam with a camera. But more likely because PBase never migrated from unencrypted HTTP to encrypted HTTPS, which I believe can sometimes be a problem as discussed on this page which also contains some suggestions.) If you're being blocked I'd lay odds on it being the HTTP/HTTPS issue. However if you're on a home network, it shouldn't be.
- What's the exact web address that you are using when you try to connect?
- When you say "Won't open", are you getting an actual error, or is the cursor just spinning forever (or whatever it is that Mac cursors do)?

sleddog

Post Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:32 am

The problem is on on my home iMac desktop. For about 3 weeks I would open other users galleries and just get a white page. But then with repeated attempts the page would open. Now I cannot even open my PBase home page www. PBase.com/sleddog or the www. PBase.com using Safari or Chrome. The computer just hangs and after awhile a display that says safari can’t open this web page. Basically the same using Chrome. Safari on my iPhone and iPad open PBase just fine. I am on several other photo sites, they work just fine.

akmc_in_au

Post Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:00 am

sleddog wrote:The problem is on on my home iMac desktop. For about 3 weeks I would open other users galleries and just get a white page. But then with repeated attempts the page would open. Now I cannot even open my PBase home page www. PBase.com/sleddog or the www. PBase.com using Safari or Chrome. The computer just hangs and after awhile a display that says safari can’t open this web page. Basically the same using Chrome. Safari on my iPhone and iPad open PBase just fine. I am on several other photo sites, they work just fine.

In that case I'd suggest flushing out your browser cache. The link that I provided in my previous post contains some instructions for doing that.

richo

Post Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:39 pm

sleddog wrote:The problem is on on my home iMac desktop. For about 3 weeks I would open other users galleries and just get a white page. But then with repeated attempts the page would open. Now I cannot even open my PBase home page www. PBase.com/sleddog or the www. PBase.com using Safari or Chrome. The computer just hangs and after awhile a display that says safari can’t open this web page. Basically the same using Chrome. Safari on my iPhone and iPad open PBase just fine. I am on several other photo sites, they work just fine.

Are you able to access your pbase gallery from some other computer at home, work or other location? Can you access it with your smartphone either on your local network or using your mobile phone's 3G/4G etc..?
When I was actually getting paid to do IT work, I would run into situations with companies that use backend caching edge servers like Akamai or Cloudflare. What would happen is my development workstation would get an "affinity" to one particular caching server. It would take me clearing out my network cache, reboot my router and ISP modem to get rid of that affinity and sometimes only waiting for 24 hours for the backend server to timeout would work. Luckily for me, I had other development workstations that could get to other servers to do my work.

What we need to determine is whether or not it is that one computer you are using, or your network. That is the reason for trying other devices in your network and devices outside of you network.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers I can’t open PBase on my iMac, all other sites are OK