Board index PBase Questions and Answers Serious issues with photo upload and editing

Questions and Answers

Serious issues with photo upload and editing

Ask if you need help using PBase.
cbernz

Serious issues with photo upload and editing

Post Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:57 pm

Lately, when I upload images, even one or two at a time, it takes many, many seconds to complete the upload, and about 90% of the time ends up dumping me on a Verizon error screen that says "Sorry, we could not find ttb.pbase.com." Same thing with editing: I click the edit button, and about 30 seconds later I see the same error message. Sometimes I discover that the edit or upload was completed despite the error screen, other times I discover it wasn't. Either way, this makes the site excruciating to use.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

mikelong

Re: Serious issues with photo upload and editing

Post Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:11 pm

Similar. I upload an image and the upload screen sits in suspended animation for minutes at a time. Same if I edit an image.
If I refresh the gallery page, the image is sometimes there, though occasionally just a big thumbnail with a question mark in the middle.
They're having serious issues but refuse for whatever reason(s) to communicate anymore.

I wrote them today and suggested they read the forums regularly (yeah right), and perhaps even respond occasionally.

erland

Post Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:12 pm

Last night and this morning I've had problems uploading images....get the 'can not find the server' message. Frustrating....

r erland

dw_thomas

Post Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:47 pm

I haven't uploaded any images for several days, but yesterday I was editing the text in a few of my galleries and it was abysmally slow, as much as a minute or so to update "Gallery details." At some point this morning I got bounced to an error page just trying to view something, although my profile page came up OK. I suspect some sort of "bit rot" is degrading the database interactions. (We'll know when it all disappears for a day or three! :twisted: )

DaveT

kujoseph

Post Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:17 pm

I am experiencing problems with response times when loading and processing images too.

hjsteed

Post Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:58 am

Yes. I've been getting server error messages, 503 varnish cache & connection resets, for the past 2 days. Today unable to upload any photos & most of my Pbase webpages are not loading or they are taking many minutes to load.

For the past week, I've been using a San Diego Inn wifi connection and have not been able to upload more than 2 or 3 photos at a time & those loads often fail with server errors. My NYC Verizon FIOS service uploads 10 high resolution photos easily in a few minutes time. The manager of the San Diego Inn has been in contact with their Internet Service Providers with no resolution to these problems.

Now it appears PBase servers are failing.

hjsteed

Post Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:20 am

Shortly after my last post, I tried a photo of the day upload as a last resort before retiring. Surprise, it uploaded after about 3 minutes time without error messages. (Previously I had been getting "connection reset" message and found occasionally the photo(s) had been uploaded.) Also loading PBase webpages,with the exception of the stat generators, are loading in a more timely fashion.

Hopefully these problems are being resolved. Good night!

hjsteed

Post Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:22 pm

August 10th 5:45am to 6:15am - About 20 photo updates resumed on a very slow connection with several connection resets & reloads.

murraybowles

Post Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:30 am

Same with me. What's worse, after displaying the error, it kind of continues uploading, so if you retry the images that didn't show up, you wind up with duplicates (or triplicates).

hjsteed

Post Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:44 pm

Yes. The same thing is happening to me. I get the message "Server Not Found" at ttb.pbase and sometimes find the server was found and the requested action taken, but often not taken. Still getting 503 Server Error messages. Then I stop uploading photos. I've been thinking the problem may be with my Internet Service Provider servers in San Diego, but wonder now about PBase servers.

A response from Pbase administration would be appreciated.
Last edited by hjsteed on Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hjsteed

Post Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:51 pm

Now, the duplicate posted photos cannot be deleted with "Server Not Found" messages.

mikelong

Post Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:59 pm

I had this response from pbase last week:

Hi Mike,

I'm very sorry for the inconvience. We have identified the problem and taken all steps to
resolve the issue with a domain, now we have to wait for those changes to propagate
through. I will email you back once we have resolved the issue.

Thanks,
Ashlee
PBase Support

Unfortunately, uploads ran smoothly only for a few days after, now it's pathetically slow again.
I never did receive a "resolved issue" email as promised, though didn't really expect one...

imorozoff

Post Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:03 pm

Still not fixed at my end.

hjsteed

Post Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:18 pm

The message I get is "Firefox can't find the server at ttb.pbase.com." But the PBase server was found and photos uploaded, however, very slow and not shown until the PBase gallery display is refreshed several times. I use the Beta version of Firefox.

This may be a browser problem. Don't have time to test the updates with my Safari browser now.

reticulatus

Post Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:18 pm

I'm not seeing the error messages that others have mentioned but uploading, editing and commenting have been extremely slow today, with the "loading..." and "processing..." messages being displayed for several minutes at a time.

I am beginning to regret that I renewed my subscription two weeks ago :(

Next

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Serious issues with photo upload and editing