Board index PBase Questions and Answers Serious issues with photo upload and editing

Questions and Answers

Serious issues with photo upload and editing

Ask if you need help using PBase.
dsjtecserv

Re: Serious issues with photo upload and editing

Post Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:32 pm

The problem with stylesheets etc. showing has been resolved. But the problem with uploading persists. The upload process on the Edit Gallery page never completes; if you wait several minutes you get the can't find ttb.pbase.com error that others mention. If you go back to the gallery page, the image is there, but the thumbnail is never produced. Really, pbase, it's time to get this fixed; it has been a week.

Dave

lebororo

Serious issues with photo upload and editing

Post Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:59 pm

A general problem with Pbase...
Only 8 visitors have visited for me now... and no more photos showing the visited.

hjsteed

Post Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:25 pm

Upload & edit servers appear to be working for me ok this morning...

marymervis

Post Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:33 pm

Wow. This is not good - to see this thread, from last week...I had the exact same problem, attempting to upload photos, then get a Verizon looking screen, saying Verizon cannot find the ttb.pbase site...so, I spent several hours yesterday, trying to resolve this problem...

I just posted this on these forums, dated today, Aug. 18th...I sure hope pbase isn't going the same way Picage went (they have years of my events, and now won't even answer their phones!!)

Post 18 Aug 2015 05:28 pm

Hello,
I have been a pbase member since 2005, and spent a few hours yesterday on the phone with my DSL company, Verizon, trying to determine why I was continually having problems uploading photos to my pbase site... They told me their trace showed problems with your servers.

I sent you a message yesterday, with my phone number and email address, but have yet to hear back from anyone at pbase. After 5 hours of trying every possible way of uploading photos to my pbase site yesterday, (it starts to upload, then times out), I gave up. But am concerned, because I have loved using my pbase site for over 10 years!

Could someone please let me know if you are aware of a problem with your servers?? I had a client waiting to see some images I took for them, and had to snail mail them a disc instead. Not a great solution, especially after having been up all night editing photos, then having to spend 5 hours trouble shooting to determine why I could not successfully upload images to my pbase site. (In hindsight, this 'timing out' problem has been happening for the past few months, but because I haven't uploaded that much lately, didn't pay as much attention to the problem. Also, I was uploading fewer images then, so just kept recreating smaller zip files, to get all of them uploaded. Yesterday, I had many photos to upload, and the upload connection kept breaking, about 30 images into each upload.)

Thanks for any help,
~Mary Mervis

marymervis

Post Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:34 pm

Oh, and to make matters worse...

I just paid them some money yesterday morning, before my upload, to extend my subscription...

:-(

dw_thomas

Post Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:16 pm

I created a new gallery and uploaded some photos Sunday night and uploaded one image to an older gallery just now without incident. Of course, when I went to type this reply, the forum software took twenty seconds to open an edit box! :shock:

In general things are far from confidence inspiring, but so far the worst problems still seem to get addressed.

(When richo and I take over the world, we'll get this straightened out! :lol: )

DaveT

richo

Post Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:47 pm

dw_thomas wrote:I created a new gallery and uploaded some photos Sunday night and uploaded one image to an older gallery just now without incident. Of course, when I went to type this reply, the forum software took twenty seconds to open an edit box! :shock:

In general things are far from confidence inspiring, but so far the worst problems still seem to get addressed.

(When richo and I take over the world, we'll get this straightened out! :lol: )

DaveT

Too funny Dave...not sure I want that responsibility. :)

I'm just guessing that the Pbase.com company has reduced the size of their server farm and perhaps even their staff. I remember when Pbase.com membership was rapidly growing there was usually a slow down each year around the end of January and February. The solution then was they added servers and then they went to using Akamai which can be a good thing but it is also comes with some technical challenges. I'll probably keep my account here as long as they are still around, but I am already looking at other alternatives to hosting my images. Remember when there was a monthly magazine? That was probably at the height of the membership. Sometimes too much growth can be a real challenge to a small company. Then when you expand your staff and resources the growth levels out and the next big challenge is how to maintain a steady growth without going under.

dw_thomas

Post Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:12 pm

richo wrote:
Too funny Dave...not sure I want that responsibility. :)

Hehe, me neither. Somehow as I waded through a couple of these threads that comment popped into what's left of my aging mind! :o

Probably best we sit back in watching a train wreck mode. I have all of my images, captions, gallery text and architecture backed up. If it comes down to it, I guess I can put something together on the 10GB I have as part of my current personal web space.

As folks say these days "whatever!"

DaveT

lebororo

issues with photo upload and editing

Post Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:51 pm

Most Viewed
17 August 2015
"No data available." - just for me to check the photos people visited

hjsteed

Post Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:52 pm

San Diego & Pbase photo upload servers still misbehaving with 503 Service Error & Server Reset Messages.

hjsteed

Post Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:31 pm

I continue to have problems with uploading photos.

This morning, three attempts produced server reset actions without successfully uploading 3 photos.

The error message is "Firefox can't find the server at ttb.pbase.com."

Still no response from PBase administration about this matter.

hjsteed

Post Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:38 pm

Just displayed the gallery being updated and discovered the photos were uploaded 3 times. I suppose I should display the gallery after each update cycle when I receive these server error reset messages.

Now I have to delete 6 images that were uploaded on a very slow San Diego ISP connection.

Very frustrating...

hjsteed

Post Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:56 pm

it turned out that 9 duplicate images needed to be deleted.

Just uploaded 3 more photos at http://www.pbase.com/hjsteed/photo_shoot_150821

It took 5 minutes to do it and i received the reset server error message again.

When I displayed the gallery, I found the photos were uploaded.

I'm going to discontinue photo uploads for now until I get the patience to try again for a better performance from my Internet Server Providers...

helenpb

Post Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:24 am

I'm having terrible problems today, the worst in several days. First I couldn't upload a picture and got some Comodo message screen saying the URL didn't exist. Then somehow four of the same image got uploaded, but I had a lot of trouble trying to delete the extras. Then my recent uploads page lost almost all my galleries. Now I can't see most recently uploaded thumbnails. When I try to comment on a picture that I can see, I can't see my comment and can't see that I've voted. I am totally unable to send Pbase mail messages, too. I bet this doesn't go through, either.

I am getting pretty fed up with this and imagine a lot of other people are too.

yvonneii

Post Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:48 am

I'm having all the problems as mentioned by others... plus I cannot access my mail to read or reply. Very frustrating...

PreviousNext

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Serious issues with photo upload and editing