Board index PBase Questions and Answers Please sell out!

Questions and Answers

Please sell out!

Ask if you need help using PBase.
akmc_in_au

Re: Please sell out!

Post Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:45 am

sheila wrote:
akmc_in_au wrote:
sheila wrote:I upload my images and have no problems. I get comments and I get sales via my gallery. Stylesheets are the same as they ever were but I can now live with that. I can add StatCounters which is more than can be said for other sites.

Really? That'll come as a surprise to my SmugMug StatCounter project. Which records all of my visits, not just the ones that the code randomly decides to render (or not) on.

Why are you getting your knickers in such a knot, Alan? My comment did not relate to SmugMug in particular. It related to such sites as Flickr et al. StatCounters are not the be all and end all.

Your comment was, and I quote, "more than can be said for other sites". Not some other sites, other sites. In any version of English that I'm familiar with, that would be read as the feature being something unique to PBase. You may feel it's pedantry, I feel it's misleading. No, I'll rephrase that. It was misleading. Also, flat out wrong.

sheila wrote:Most new members or those looking for photo sharing sites would not place statcounters too high in their list of requirements.

Indeed. That would explain why there's a 24 page long thread on the defective PBase stat counters in the News forum. Not to mention the ones in Q&A.

If PBase is so bad, Alan, why not just use SmugMug and save yourself $23.00 :)

Yes, jump on the bandwagon Sheila. Do let me know if you have anything original to add.

sheila

Post Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:56 am

Why are you so angry, Alan? Anyone who disagrees with you, you immediately jump on them and you start yet another rant. You are unhappy with PBase. That's fine. I am not unhappy with PBase - why is that not fine? I was with SmugMug about three years ago and when I said I would not renew my subscription the following month, they immediately deleted all my images without reference to me. When I questioned the alacrity of removing my images, they eventually apologised. You like SmugMug - that's fine with me.

BTW I have checked my StatCounter since February and I find nothing amiss.

Sheila
Sheila Smart
Canon 5D Mark III; 17-40L; 24-70 f/2.8L; 70-300 f.4-5.6 L USM; 135 f/2L; 100 f/2.8 macro; 8-15 f/4 L fisheye

Blog: http://sheilasmartphotography.blogspot.com/

akmc_in_au

Post Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:05 am

sheila wrote:Why are you so angry, Alan?

I'll take that one off line because it has no place in a public forum.

gunnarhorpestad

Post Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:54 pm

Alan

Enough is enough.
You don't like PBase, we can understand that.
So why don't you just move to the places you find comfortable and places that's in line with your expectations.
:D
Gunnar Horpestad
Norway and China
Canon Enthusiast
Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon EOS 20D, Canon EOS 300D, Canon G9, Canon XH A1 Camcorder
http://www.pbase.com/gunnarhorpestad
! Never look back and regret,
look back and smile at what you have learned !

prinothcat

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:12 am

gunnarhorpestad wrote:Alan

Enough is enough.
So why don't you just move to the places you find comfortable and places that's in line with your expectations.

+1 Thank you for your contributions, but the rest of your tone and content is old news.

amoxtli

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:04 am

prinothcat wrote:
gunnarhorpestad wrote:Alan

Enough is enough.

+1 Thank you for your contributions, but the rest of your tone and content is old news.

+1 more. This forum needs to become a "Question and Answer Forum" again. The complaining about PBase on the forum brings nothing, except keeping visitors away.
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

akmc_in_au

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:25 am

amoxtli wrote:+1 more.

Before you get too enthused about that post you may want to consider the source (as per the quotes below), and how odd it was that it appeared hours after the conversation had apparently dried up. Based on that, guess I'm not the only one that should be leaving.

I believe that the expression you're after is YHBT.

HTH, HAND.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=43179&p=300014#p300014
gunnarhorpestad wrote:Today is the 20th of January, and the Statistics is still stopped at the 14th.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......................shit....................not again....................... :evil:

Yet another terrible annoying PBase hick-up.
When is it going to end ??????????????????? :?:

It's fantastic that PBase is still alive.............. :o

There is too much Wrigley chewing gum in the PBase system......... :oops:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=42712&p=295778#p295778
gunnarhorpestad wrote:No counting sinze the 26th November.
This, the Statistics Pages, is good, yes its real good man.
Or should we say it is a totaly disaster?????
:oops:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=42712&p=296851#p296851
gunnarhorpestad wrote:3 months are coming up after the crash, and still the PBase team hasn’t managed to fix the problem with the Statistics.
I tell you what Slug and the whole PBase team.
If you people was working for me, you would have been fired long time ago.

I thing Slug, that you have to look into the people working for you, and have a serious talk with them.
Fire those who are incompetent and useless, and hire some people that you can trust having the competence and skill
to fix PBase problems when they are there.

At the moment I am not impressed with PBase and the way things are being handled

Sorry Slug, but I think that the way things are as per today, and all the problems there is these days, is slowly killing Pbase.

:cry:

pinemikey

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:59 am

Actually, Alan, Gunnar has always been like that. I remember a time before you joined, Gunnar would rail on and on about the speed. This went on for maybe a month or so and finally one day Gunnar came on and sheepishly mentioned that his ISP in Korea, at the time, was all screwed up and the slow access wasn't Pbase's fault. He apologized and more importantly stayed. We all make mistakes and maybe say things we wish we didn't.

Like I asked before, what are you getting so angry about? We're all the same people who have been here since you joined, Gunnar included, so to call him a YHBT ...that in itself is frigging childish.... You have been trolled...C'mon, where's all this shit coming from?

antheaz

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:07 am

Hey, we all complain, some more than others. We are all different, different expectations, different views on things and our views are as diverse as our photography... and thank God for that!

I feel that everyone has the right to talk about anything they want to on the forums as long as it is to do with PBase/photography related which it obviously is in this case. If people are unhappy with the way PBase is performing and want to let off steam on the forum, so be it. If people are unhappy about the people letting off steam and then want to talk about them doing that, which in effect makes them sound like they're complaining themself (lol), so be it.

Really, life is just too short, if you don't like something you read, just move on. Really, at the end of the day it is not worth getting upset about.

The meaning of forum according to the internet is "a public meeting place or assembly for open discussion". This is what is happening here and it certainly makes for entertaining reading (!!!). There is no heading specifically 'for complaining' so I guess until that day arrives, anyone has the right to go into whatever forum they like and express their views, if this helps them.

My little Polly Anna thought on the day.

Anthea :wink:

akmc_in_au wrote:
amoxtli wrote:+1 more.

Before you get too enthused about that post you may want to consider the source (as per the quotes below), and how odd it was that it appeared hours after the conversation had apparently dried up. Based on that, guess I'm not the only one that should be leaving.

I believe that the expression you're after is YHBT.

HTH, HAND.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=43179&p=300014#p300014
gunnarhorpestad wrote:Today is the 20th of January, and the Statistics is still stopped at the 14th.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......................shit....................not again....................... :evil:

Yet another terrible annoying PBase hick-up.
When is it going to end ??????????????????? :?:

It's fantastic that PBase is still alive.............. :o

There is too much Wrigley chewing gum in the PBase system......... :oops:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=42712&p=295778#p295778
gunnarhorpestad wrote:No counting sinze the 26th November.
This, the Statistics Pages, is good, yes its real good man.
Or should we say it is a totaly disaster?????
:oops:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=42712&p=296851#p296851
gunnarhorpestad wrote:3 months are coming up after the crash, and still the PBase team hasn’t managed to fix the problem with the Statistics.
I tell you what Slug and the whole PBase team.
If you people was working for me, you would have been fired long time ago.

I thing Slug, that you have to look into the people working for you, and have a serious talk with them.
Fire those who are incompetent and useless, and hire some people that you can trust having the competence and skill
to fix PBase problems when they are there.

At the moment I am not impressed with PBase and the way things are being handled

Sorry Slug, but I think that the way things are as per today, and all the problems there is these days, is slowly killing Pbase.

:cry:

pinemikey

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:10 am

You're right, Anthea.

Sorry, Alan. I have no right to get on like that.

I'm just feeling a little on edge. I was laid off last December and while something may be on the go at the end of this month, it's been a fairly tense 3 months around here. At least it gives me time to take more pictures...

madlights

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:20 am

Yeah.. me too Alan. You could find quite a few major complaints from me if you'd look back around the time of the crash. Guess the forum can be a place where steam gets blown off about anything, and everything sometimes...I do have one present complaint that I certainly agree with you on. I wished they'd get somebody on the spammers. best regards to everyone.
Pinemikey said:
At least it gives me time to take more pictures...
Yeah I know the feeling, having been in a residential construction related business ( I think I'm still in it?) I've taken so many pictures this last year and 1/2 that I've got to buy (with what?) a new hard drive soon...and I've already got 3/4 of a terabyte in storage. :D Good luck.

akmc_in_au

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:32 am

pinemikey wrote:Sorry, Alan. I have no right to get on like that.

I'm just feeling a little on edge. I was laid off last December and while something may be on the go at the end of this month, it's been a fairly tense 3 months around here. At least it gives me time to take more pictures...

Damn, sorry to hear that.

No apologies necessary, though I do regret having said anything in the first place because I'd agree that the place doesn't need the agro. You, me, Barri, Dennis, etc, we're all going to disagree from time to time. Water, bridge, etc.

antheaz

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:04 am

Oh Yay! We are all friends again... now let's all hold hands and sing Kum Ba Yah and then follow it by a big group hug.... oh yeah!... Now, doesn't that feel better. My Fellow complainers and brown nosers, I love you all. :lol:

mikelong

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:27 pm

All these rants...heck I've had plenty of my own so can totally understand! Glad to see everyone getting along again, I'm just sayin'...

gusitar

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:48 pm

mikelong wrote:All these rants...heck I've had plenty of my own so can totally understand! Glad to see everyone getting along again, I'm just sayin'...

LOL! g

PreviousNext

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Please sell out!