Board index PBase Questions and Answers getting out of root gallery

Questions and Answers

getting out of root gallery

Ask if you need help using PBase.
ronmac

getting out of root gallery

Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:45 am

How do I get my gallery's in a diferent gallery When someone goes to my gallery it's the root gallery how do I change this?

srijith

Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:27 am

I assume you have a situation similar to the following:
Galleries A and B are situated inside the root gallery.
You want B to be put inside A and not under root directly.

If so, do the following:
1 - Go to edit mode of the root gallery
2 - Look out for the section titled "Make changes to the images within this gallery ".
3 - Select the checkbox next to gallery B
4 - Go down to "Move selected items to another gallery." and choose "A".
5 - Click "Add to Gallery"

Disclaimer to save my skin - I take no reponsibility for any damage that might occur if you follow the advice above. I tried it on a sample gallery of mine and it did work fine :)

ronmac

Stiil opening in rooit gallery

Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:56 am

When you go to my gallery http://www.pbase.com/ronmac
you still end up in the root gallery. I did what you said to do and I named the gallery A "all gallery's" and all the gallery's are under one represenative image in the root gallery and when you click on that image it opens the other rep images for the three gallery I have so far. I still don't understand how you keep from going to the root gallery?
Ron

srijith

Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:39 am

I don't think that can be done. Root gallery is the gallery that will be
show when you go to your URL - http://www.pbase.com/ronmac

I am not sure what you are trying to get done here. Why don't you bring all the three albums in all_gallerys (SUBSONIC, Fall With Me, fullfathom)
into the root gallery and let it be there?

ronmac

Root gallery

Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:18 am

The thing I don't understand is all the other gallery's I go into don't show the root gallery, mine even has the "edit root gallery" in it so anyone could edit my gallery's if they wanted to. I must be leaving a step out or doing something wrong. Also I've noticed that some of the other gallery's have four dots on each side of the rep image title what is that? Again thanks for your time in trying to help.
Ron

rach1966

Ronmac

Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:57 am

mine even has the "edit root gallery" in it so anyone could edit my gallery's if they wanted to

I would guess that YOU are logged in under your user name, when I go to your site I can't see the "edit root gallery" but when I go to my site and I'm logged in I can see it.

four dots on each side of the rep image title

I have no idea

Rachel
The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.

srijith

Re: Root gallery

Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:10 am

ronmac wrote:The thing I don't understand is all the other gallery's I go into don't show the root gallery, mine even has the "edit root gallery" in it so anyone could edit my gallery's if they wanted to. I must be leaving a step out or doing something wrong.

Thats because you are logged in! Logout and check out how others (normal user) will see your gallery. You wont see all those "edit root gallery" links. The same for any gallery/images that you have marked private.

ronmac wrote:Also I've noticed that some of the other gallery's have four dots on each side of the rep image title. what is that?

That is called the "Gallery Title Delimiter". it i basically the mechanism that pbase use to let the user know that it is another album and not just an image. For see what you can set this as, got to your your account edit page (http://www.pbase.com/account - after loggin in) and look for "Gallery Title Delimiter"

ronmac

Got it!

Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:48 am

:lol: Thanks alot I logged out and that did it. Now I can get started on loading more gallerys. Thanks again.
Ron

Board index PBase Questions and Answers getting out of root gallery