Board index PBase Questions and Answers Is there any kind of info on when the site will be back?

Questions and Answers

Is there any kind of info on when the site will be back?

Ask if you need help using PBase.
kstuebin

Is there any kind of info on when the site will be back?

Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:16 am

I just emailed a link to several people of some new photos just before the site crashed. They're not there since they were lost in the outage. I realize this isn't exactly earth shattering and just an annoyance but I do think that some kind of more specific information would be helpful. I understand everyone is very busy trying to get it running again but how long would it take to post a message letting users know what the problem is and when they expect to have it solved? I am a paying member and this is the first time I've experienced problems with the site so I don't mind being patient. I remember that when Ebay first started, it was constantly crashing so I think these kind of growing pains are normal. But the lack of information does bother me.

Karen

notaflag

Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:32 am

Try reading the front page. It says on there that full functionality is expected sometime Monday (today). It's been on there since yesterday

kstuebin

Okay, read it...

Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:02 am

Thanks for the very brusque heads up. I had just looked at the top message. Fortunately, Pbase employs people with customer service skills as their message was very specific and apologetic. So it isn't even them. It's their lack of support from Oracle.

Karen

minoltaman

Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 2:38 pm

I don't want to argue here.....but maybe Slug thought the did'nt need Oracles support before it was to late. They tried to fix it themselves and then called Oracle when they deemed the fix impossible for them. Nobody said Oracle support was slow. Slug probably has a new service contract coming with his new server so this won't happen again.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Is there any kind of info on when the site will be back?