Board index PBase Questions and Answers Updating camera information?

Questions and Answers

Updating camera information?

Ask if you need help using PBase.
ardnut

Post Fri Aug 15, 2003 7:56 pm

Is there a way to update all images in a gallery with the name of the camera you used to take the pic all at once? So it shows up like a link under the picture in blue (If you are viewing the image you can click on the camera, in blue, and it will go to the other galleries using the same camera)

Thank you.

ages

Post Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:01 pm

I've found usually when i update a digital picture the camera staticists show up. Also i've found that when i upload images using a 35 mm they still update which is pretty cool because i never knew pictures hold that infomation.

There is an option where you can update the camera statistics manally.
AFter uploading all the pictures go through each one and scrool to hte bottom then you will see a bunch of things you can change to get the correct statistic you wany for the camera you used. There are A LOT of cameras there to choose from.

Hope that helped.

ardnut

Post Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:09 pm

Thanks ages for the quick reply. I was wondering if there was a shortcut or something i could do to update camera info instead of going into each image and then updating the camera. I know how to batch update the camera info, but it doesnt show up in blue for some reason?

Ive been playing around with it and i guess there is no way except to update each one individually.

thanks

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:37 pm

if you batch update the camera body, it won't be linked (show up in blue) until later/
there's a script that runs every day or two that checks what you entered and figures out which camera it is.
so as long as you enter in a standard way, it will update.

choosing the camera body on the individual page will make it linked immediately.

sorry the batch update doesn't do that immediately yet. someday.

-slug

ages

Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:52 am

hope everything works out.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Updating camera information?