Board index PBase Questions and Answers Copyright problems?

Questions and Answers

Copyright problems?

Ask if you need help using PBase.
srijith

Copyright problems?

Post Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:45 pm

I was following links across Pbase and came across this album:
http://www.pbase.com/puja/calvin_n_hobbes

I have nothing against the owner of the album, but will pbase get into IP and copyright problems due to collections like this? Most online comics allows the storage of one or two strips online and don't mind someone sharing a couple of strips with their friends, but will large collections like these create a problem?

puja

hello

Post Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:26 pm

Hello, who ever you are.. it is not intended to violate copyright of the creator in any way.. I like the comic strips very much and keep sending them to my friends all the time, just that their email ids get blocked so i thought it better to have an album of my own so that they can look into it whenever they can.. its more of an I'm a fan of calvin and hobbes sorta gallery ... hmm.. :( making it private is cool I guess then.. just thought I should share it with everyone.. anyways... bye..

srijith

Post Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:42 am

As I mentioned, the post was not against a particular person. I am sure there are a couple of others who does the same.. but from experience I can say that some comic publishers can come down heavily on any site that distributes strips (or make them online) publicly.

Making the album non-public would be a good step.

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: hello

Post Mon Aug 11, 2003 3:07 am

here's a good page about copyrights on the net
http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html

it's probably a copyright violation. just ask yourself if the owners would allow you to publish
them if you asked their permission.
hiding them is not a solution. they are still there.
how about removing anything that the owners would not approve of.

thanks,
-slug

puja

hmm

Post Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:56 am

well, the comic strips were from a free subscription thing from http://www.ucomics.com .. I think thats what it is.. anyways, Whatever it might be.. I've removed them from my site.. It was more of a personal thing thats all.. hmm .. maybe you shoulda clarified it with me.. anyways bye..

ages

Post Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:16 am

she has a point
you guys totally made it a big issue and made her feel uncomfortable about putting stuff on her site.

Really you should talk to the person about it isntead of telling everyone on pbase.com

He didn't apologize so I'm going do it for him.. Oh behalf of srijith I do apologize for not confirming it with you first.

TAKE NOTES PEOPLE this is a good life experience. Being rude comes in many different ways.

srijith

Post Thu Aug 14, 2003 1:28 am

Hey ages, thanks for apologising on my behalf. Sorry puja. I should have delt with it through PMs and not through the forum.

ages

Post Thu Aug 14, 2003 4:59 pm

no problem. I just like keeping the peace. We are on big happy pbase.com family. hah

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Copyright problems?