Board index PBase Questions and Answers Newly added pic s are not showing up in the 'recent' list

Questions and Answers

Newly added pic s are not showing up in the 'recent' list

Ask if you need help using PBase.
dsanders6

Newly added pic s are not showing up in the 'recent' list

Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:43 pm

It used to be when I would add images to my galleries, those galleries would show up in the recent galleries section. Now they do not. Is there something I messed with to stop this from happening. I am a subscriber, so that is not it. Or maybe I haven't been designated as a subscriber. Very frustrating. :?

Thanks

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:35 pm

it's because of repeated periodic additions of the same image to all of your galleries.
this was obviously meant to get all of your galleries on the recent galleries page and displacing everyone else.

the public areas of the site are meant to be interesting or useful to everyone else, not as a place for self-promotional spam.

-slug

dsanders6

Ouch!

Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:49 pm

Yes I am guilty of that. Sorry, kinda got into a hit frenzy (trying to get as many hits as possible). So am I locked out right now? And if so for how long? I don't want to post new pictures that aren't going to be seen. Also have I missed a code of conduct section, that requests that we don't do this? I know you are busy, but since I am a paying member, and new at pbase altogether, it would have been nice to have gotten some sort of warning.

Also when I did seek help, I was indirectly insulted. This certainly could be avoided. It did not make me happy to find this on the public side when you could have easily emailed me or sent me a message. Keep in mind most of us use this service as a sort of personal entertainment and to show off our pictures. I know you are busy with this and probably keeps you hopping all the time, but your customers are your customers and I am one of them.

I don't know you, but I know the guy in Austin (WYK) that has nice things to say about you, so this is just a little bit of reality check. Take it as you will. I really like your site and so do many others. I like it enough to pay for it, and in the business world that is profit, but it is also a compliment. As much of a pain in the ass it is remember who pays your salary------all of your customers.

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ouch!

Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:12 pm

fixed.
sorry for any frustration.
-slug

srijith

Post Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:49 am

Hi dsanders6.. take it easy a bit on slug and the rest. With so many people asking for so many things and so many pointing out mistakes wihen they are none and so many asking the same questions (for question already there in the help section or already discussed in the forum), it gets a bit on-the-edge once in a a while.

These guys are doing a great job and I am sure they know that the site is surviving because of us users. Since they know that we know that we are free to walk away the moment somone offers a better service, they too are trying their best to survive.

They just need some help from people once in a while.

dsanders6

Post Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:28 am

I apologize slug. Having thought about it. I'm sure what I was doing was not with the essence of this site. I will not just add images to sites for hits. From now on it will be a legitimate addition, to a theme if to more than one gallery.

A code of conduct is a fair method for all to follow. If the masses disagree with something the code can be changed. But at least it would be a guide.

Thanks for your understanding. And your PM

Don

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Newly added pic s are not showing up in the 'recent' list