Board index PBase Questions and Answers Can other people make payments to our accounts?

Questions and Answers

Can other people make payments to our accounts?

Ask if you need help using PBase.
watcherpics

Can other people make payments to our accounts?

Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:08 pm

Can strangers or people we know just a little make payments directly to our accounts if they want to? For example, if an account is running out of storage space and there are people out there that are fans of the images in that account and they want to donate money to it so there will be room for more images to be uploaded, is that possible? $23 dollars would buy another 100MB of disk space. I suppose for checks and money orders they could mail them to pbase and mention what account it is for. How about for credit cards and paypal, which some people prefer? If it is possible, what is the minimum amount one person could pay, like $5 or something, and wait until the total reaches $23 to activate the new disk space, or would the individual have to cover the full $23 himself to be accepted?

I think this would be a good service and its end result is to bring in more money to pbase. Ezboard.com has something like this called the community chest they define as "a payment option for subscription services that allows all community members to voluntarily share in the cost by contributing directly to a community fund that can only be used to purchase ezboard services." Contributors could arrange to pay the account owner directly and have them pay pbase, but there is more trust if the money goes directly to pbase.

srijith

Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:20 am

That is a good feature request. I second that. Hopefully it will be around one day.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Can other people make payments to our accounts?